Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (Downtown - Superdome) Le Pavillon Suites

greatdeals
By greatdeals,
in

Trying to get 2 rooms, 3.5 or 4 stars for downtown or the French quarter for 3/6 - 3/9 (3 nights) and not having any luck so far. I've tried bidding up to around $125 before taxes. Appears that this weekend is particularly pricey so far and not sure what's driving it. Is there a better strategy (should I wait a while till February) or are these just the going rates this time of the year? 

Thanks in advance for your advice!

There is a Grand National Dance/Cheer competition taking place during this date range and although i don't know how big of an event this is, i assume that this is likely causing some of the higher than usual prices you're seeing.

If you're only looking to stay in the French Quarter, at current rates i think you'll likely need to be in the $175-$200 area to be successful for a 3.5*/4* hotel.

If you choose to wait i'd suggest using our sister site(s) RefundableRates.com and RateDrop in order to protect yourself from rates rising further from here while still giving yourself the opportunity to take advantage of lower rates in the future, and then to be notified if rates do indeed drop for your dates. This is further explained in our Priceline Rejected Bids Tutorial.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's probably what it is... I was looking for a reason why myself. I'm willing to go down to 3 stars and really am looking at Downtown, French Quarter or the Warehouse/Arts District if that means it will come down to my price range. Max I really want to go is 150-160ish if that's realistic.

I did book refundable rooms already for 199 a night - it's a great insurance policy!

Thanks! 

Please use the site's Support Page links or sister site MapsandHotels.com to book regular rate purchases.

You can also use RateDrop.com to get alerts on HOTWIRE, PRICELINE and regular rate listings to know if rates have dropped for these dates.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]