Priceline Rejected Bid... what to do now?

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

At BetterBidding we are always working on new tools and niche websites to help travelers more easily research their travel plans and book their trips. Although unintentional at the time, sometimes we see an opportunity where two of these tools/websites can be used together in order to perfectly fulfill an additional need.

What to do when your PRICELINE bid is rejected:

1) RefundableRates.com - the first thing you should do is make a refundable reservation to use as a back-up. This protects you from rates rising in the future while also giving you the flexibility to take advantage of a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE deal in the future. Many times we have seen users have a hotel in mind that they will book if they continue to not be successful bidding, only to see that rate unexpectedly jump by the time they are ready to book it. By booking a refundable rate as a back-up, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. As the name implies, RefundableRates.com only shows refundable rates and makes it easy to find your best deal that is fully refundable (always double check cancellation terms during checkout and remember to cancel if/when you are successful with PRICELINE).

2) RateDrop.com - once you have a back-up booking in place, you now have a much better sense of the price you want to beat (ie- how much of a discount you need to make locking in a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE reservation worthwhile). At RateDrop, you choose the dates, star rating, zones of the PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE hotels you are interested in and at what price. The service will then monitor hotel rates based upon the criteria you selected and will send you an email if/when any offers that meet your zone and star rating requirements drop to the price you set.

Hope this proves to be useful for everyone and if you have a question (or suggestion) for either service feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...

Awesome advice ... I searched refundable rates for 3-star Hotels in the IAH area as you advised ... then took 60% of that price and used that as my bidding rate.  Won the Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental for $56 ... $71.04 after fees and taxes. (9/29/15 - 9/30/15)

Thanks! :D

I did use the PRICELINE links in this forum.

Won the Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental for $56...

Thanks for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]