Hotwire Hotel: 5* Maui (Wailea - Makena) Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea

cfed3499
By cfed3499,
in

I am interested in bidding for a 5 star hotel in Wailea, Maui area.  I believe there is only one hotel, the Four Seasons.  On Hotwire it looks like I can get a 5* for $381/night in the Wailea-Makena area "Secret Rate Hotels". Do you believe this is the Four Seasons? Is there any way to know what the additional fees are (the real price?). The dates are 1/23-1/30.  I was thinking of naming my own price (through Priceline). I think I understand the rebidding process, but I'm not sure if there are any "rebidding zones".  Thank you.

I tried to bid for a 5* in Wailea-Makena for $319, got rejected. Added Kihea at $339 and got rejected.  Then I read somewhere that resorts are considered higher than 5* so if you add areas you may end up with a resort in an area you don't want.   SoI got cold feet and ...

I chose the Hotwire "Secret Hot Rate" deal for a 5*, assuming it was the Four Seasons for $376/night.  Amenities listed were pet-friendly, fitness center, internet access, pools, business center, tennis nearby, spa services. It did end up being the Four Seasons.  Total for 7 nights was $2632 + 479.02 taxes and fees = $3111.02.  Priceline and Hotwire listed price was $489. I hope this includes the resort fees, but I have no idea.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

With HOTWIRE, you can look at the detail page and scroll down - at the bottom of the page is where resort fees (approximate, not exact) are listed. These fees are paid at the hotel. I believe I'm looking at the same listing you purchased and am not seeing anything in regards to a resort fee.

Additionally, 5* on PRICELINE is considered higher than resort.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]