Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

Wyndham New Yorker Hotel

481 8Th Avenue

New York, NY 10001

Room Cost $140.00 /per room night

Rooms 1

Nights 2

Taxes and Fees $67.38

Total Charges $347.38

I'm going to NYC to visit a granddaughter living in the Chelsea area.  I was bidding Chelsea, and also three nearby zones - TS, MSG and MTW.   

I'd initially bid 3/15/15-3/18/15 (three nights) up to $137 for both 4* and 3.5* with no success.

Plan B was to get an airport hotel (EWR) for my late arrival 3/15, and then just bid two nights downtown.

The airport hotel would be less expensive, so I upped the budget a bit for the downtown nights - $140.

I was working through my plan at the 4* level, including some free rebid zones, in increments of $3.  

Nothing at $137.  I really wasn't expecting success at $140 4*, so was quite surprised to read my bid had been accepted.  I'd already resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to work the 3.5* level, and even that might not work.

The list for this hotel on my dates is $266, so very nice savings.

It looks to be very convenient too, just blocks from both Penn Station and my granddaughter's apartment.  

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a GREAT deal for this property, which as you're aware, is very convenient to mass transit given its proximity to Penn Station.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]