Priceline Hotel: 4 or 4.5* (prefer 4.5) hotel at "Wailea - Makena" area

runnerup
By runnerup,
in

Hi, I never used Price.line before am considering using it this time.

I'm looking to bid for 4 or 4.5* (prefer 4.5) hotel at "Wailea - Makena" area, for the time frame of Jan 17th, 2015~Jan 19th, 2015.

Do you have any recommendations on how much I should start my bidding for 4 or 4.5*?

How much do you think I should try for initial bid for 4.5* (and 4*) hotel in the "Wailea - Makena" area, for the time frame of Jan 17th, 2015~Jan 19th, 2015?

p.s. I do understand the concept of rebidding (although I'll have to search for the locations for add).

Thanks,

Have a nice day.

To help get you started, I find at the moment three rebid zones for the 4.5* level, and none for the 4* level.  But one ALWAYS needs to check just before bidding, as things can change anytime.

For a general idea of where to start, you can take a look at both PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire, and then start somewhat below those.  You are going at high season, so the discount will be small ...1 -10%??  If indeed there is a discount.  

If you find your bidding getting too close to the Priceline Express and Hotwire offers, you might consider those.  But do mentally adjust them a little as Hotwire can be more generous with stars than Priceline.  Maybe 1/2 a star.  As an example, within Hotwire's 4*s, a hotel Priceline only considers a 3.5* might creep in.

Romelle

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4.5* hotel for your dates for $460/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Business Center

... i'm guessing this is likely the The Fairmont Kea Lani (looks like HOTWIRE has the same property but would be a little more expensive 'all-in')

Do you want to go for this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, try bidding for any 4.5* at a lower price, or try for a 4* for even less?

If bidding, do you want to first try for a 4.5* or for a lower priced 4*, and what would be your maximum bid at that star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]