Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (South) Doubletree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North

Johngo
By Johngo,
in

Have been bidding for the last week or so for a 3-night stay, starting at $72, upping $1 per bid.

$101, $102, and $103 bids were denied this morning, but I finally won at $104 this evening. Unfortunately, as it turns out, I just discovered that I could have purchased directly from the hotel (and other websites) for $98. So, I not only overpaid per night in my bid, but I'm also now paying Priceline's fees on top of that.

A well known "advisor" website showed Embassy Suites as the only 3.5* in South San Francisco, so I thought this was the property I was bidding on. Seems Priceline includes Brisbane in South San Francisco.

Ah, well... part of the risks of bidding... 

Sorry to see this one didn't work out as you had hoped.

Do note that PRICELINE does have a Best Rate Guarantee where if your claim qualifies they will match the lower price.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for pointing out the price match guarantee - I wasn't aware they had one.  I contacted them through chat, and they refunded me the difference between my bid total (including taxes/fees) and the total if I had booked directly, including taxes.

In other words, they honored the lower price and refunded the Priceline fees. 

Total refund was $40.08

And yes, I did start my bid via betterbidding PRICELINE quickquote...

Thanks, BetterBidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]