Priceline Hotel: Please Help!

gerge
By gerge,
in

Hello, I'm looking to book a hotel on priceline for 12/18 through 12/22. I'd like to stay at a 4* and i have a couple zones in mind. Chelsea, Lower east side and Brooklyn. I'm looking to spend 170 at the most but i'd like to spend as little as possible. Any tips booking for a first time bidder?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Have you been to NYC before? Can i inquire as to your needs for this trip... do you have plans/reason to stay in Brooklyn, as this would be a very different experience vs. staying directly in Manhattan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Depending upon where in the Brooklyn zone you ended up the trip to Midtown would be an hour each way... would this be acceptable? If you were looking to stay in Brooklyn to save money i think you could get a similar (or lesser) price for a 4* hotel by staying in the Downtown-Financial District, or for not much more, stay in a more centrally located in midtown.

Your budget isn't likely going to be an issue for this stay as it's after the peak holiday season and in the middle of the low rates we usually see just before the Christmas holiday.

For example, you can likely get a 4* Downtown for $100-$110/nite OR a 3.5* hotel in the $90-$100 area. If you want to be more centrally located in midtown a 3.5* in the MSG zone will run you $125-$135, a 4* in Central Park in the $135 area, a 4* Upper West Side around $140, and a few other midtown options in the $150-$160 area.

Unfortunately at current rates Chelsea and/or Soho will likely run you $200+ for a 4* hotel, but i think the above are some excellent options (especially MSG given how close it is to Chelsea) although the other midtown options should be well located enough to easily get you wherever you'd like to go, or the Downtown options are slightly less convenient (but still do-able) and a very good value given the substantially lower rate.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]