Priceline Hotel: Please help... need help booking rooms for NYC

Bulldog2014
By Bulldog2014,
in

I have only used priceline a few times. When I am in Atlanta, I pick 4 or 5 stars in buckhead and I know I'll always get a good hotel because I'm familiar with them. In NYC, I am not aware of the hotels and feel nervous to bid.

I am going with my GF to NY and will arrive Jan 8 and leaving on Jan 11 so I need 3 nights.

I am looking for something pretty nice but does not have to be over the top. I am going to a Billy Joel concert at madison square garden but I think I would prefer a hotel in Manhattan or one of the nicer areas near central park etc.

I imagine I would get a better rate at the last minute vs bidding now? Also, Am I just better bidding for 1 night just in case I don't like my hotel that they pick for me?

Any suggestions on nice hotels in NYC that won't break the bank would be appreciated. I imagine Jan 9 would not be prime time for NYC.

How much do you thinik I'll spend for 3 nights in NYC?

Thanks in advance for your help, I really need it!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You're looking at pretty much the slowest period in NYC of the year, with the holidays over.

"Any suggestions on nice hotels in NYC that won't break the bank would be appreciated. I imagine Jan 9 would not be prime time for NYC."

There is no way to bid for a particular property via Price.line. With Hot.wire, you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based on the information given.

What would be your desired budget per night and which zones would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

I am very familiar with NYC, as well as with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, if you let us know your target budget per nite (before taxes/fees) we will try to recommend the best options for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]