Priceline Hotel: Help with NYC Hotels Dec.31-Jan. 2

ThorBear0911
By ThorBear0911,
in

Hello, 

I have read countless threads and bid several times through PriceLine. I've only had two successful bids out of many unsuccessful ones. I figured I would ask and use all the help I can get. 

We are planning on staying December 31, 2014 - January 2, 2014 in NYC; preferably in MTE, MTW, and CPS. Possible add ESB if it comes down to that. We definitely want to stay away from TS though because its going to be extremely crazy, but if all fails we will add that region in too. 

Looking preferably for 4 Stars and up. Our current bids for MTE, MTW, and CPS have started from $210 all the way to $280 and got rejected for all of them. We do not want to go any higher than $260, we don't mind reaching $300 but for $324 we might as well do the Express hotels. 

Please let me know if there are any other suggestions or tips.

Thank you for all of your help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue is the 31st, with the 1st being considerably cheaper. If you're looking at both nights together, rates are sky-high because of the 31st. However, in what almost seems like a price error, if you look at the 31st only on HOTWIRE there's a 4* in MTE for $207 with free internet, restaurant and internet. These amenities are common, but the Gotham has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Given the fact that everything else at the 4* + level for the 31st is $500+, I'd say take this deal while you can. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it would still allow me to check out/that there was still inventory. While switching hotels isn't optimal, it will be easy to find something around $150 or less for the night after, leaving you probably in the $170-180 average per night while you've already bid to $280.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I don't know if you'll get the same result if you try bidding - I honestly am kind of surprised at the HOTWIRE offer for $207 on 12/31 in MTE, which is a remarkable rate for that night. If you are interested in that, I would take it as someone looking for NYE on HOTWIRE is going to see that as extremely appealing and I'd think it isn't going to last long.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Which listing.. the one for the solo nite of 12/31?o

Any really good deals will likely go fast as there is low inventory for New Year's Eve and buyers are ready to purchase as soon s they see a good deal.

You could try using RateDrop and get notified anytime a 'x' star rated hotels is offered below your buy price... i would sign up for both your complete stay of 12/31-1/2 as well as for the solo nite of 12/31 (since it should be much easier to add the additional nite of 1/1 at another hotel)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]