Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East - Nob Hill) The Westin St. Francis

stevesul
By stevesul,
in

My wife and I were headed to San Fran for the weekend.  We never have been there so we wanted to stay right near Union Square in a nice 4*+ hotel.   I have been checking for a week...the prices for the hotels this weekend were very high and many hotels were booked.  The prices for this weekend at some hotels (12/5) were more than 2x what they were the following weekend (12/12).   An example, when I checked last night:  The Mark Hopkins Intl was $699 a night this weekend...next weekend $276/night.

I thought about bidding on a 4* but with the trip Friday, I wanted something booked.  I went to PRICELINE EXPRESS last night and saw:

4* Union Square East- Nob Hill

Pets, restaurant, gym, and business center.

Guest rating 8+

Guest Favorite

$383/night

It looked like it was the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental or the Westin St Francis.  Either would be fine...the Mark Hopkins has better reviews but the Westin was right at Union Square.

It was the Westin St Francis.

I used your 10%/$100 off coupon to get the price down to just under $350 a night. Thanks!

Current rate on the starwood site for the Westin SF was $466 for the same room (queen).

Not the greatest rate...but the best I can do for this weekend and still more than $100/ night cheaper than anything else I saw direct from the hotels.  

Thanks for the info and the great service you provide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]