Hotwire Hotel: Help identify hotels in Miami

elcorto
By elcorto,
in

Hi!

I used the biddinghelper link for the search and found some hotels in Miami (I prefer staying near the beach).

Dates:
In = Nov, 29 2014
Out = Dec, 01 2014

2 adults + 2 kids (5 & 8)

2* in Miami Beach

Price = $96

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Beachfront hotel, Studio, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Kitchenette, Wheelchair accessible

3* in Miami Beach

Price = $117

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Beachfront hotel, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Daily housekeeping, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Boutique hotel

4* in Miami Beach

Price = $171

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

4* in Miami Beach
Price = $181

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Boutique hotel, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2 1/2 * in South Beach - Oceanfront Collins

Price = $114
FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3* in South Beach - Oceanfront Collins
Price = $146
FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Beachfront hotel, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

It will be great if anyone can help me identify the hotels so I can make a decision.

Many thanks

Researching and identifying hotels can be a time consuming experience, please try to narrow down what it is that you are looking for from this stay... are you looking to stay at a lower rated 2* property for this trip OR looking for a more luxurious 4* experience? Is your budget closer to the $100 mark or are you willing to spend closer to $200/nite.

Also, i'll add my thoughts that lower rated hotels in South Beach can be a risky proposition as many are smaller and/or independent properties which by their nature don't have as much 'corporate structure' in place and it can be more difficult to get things resolved if you encounter any issues (as there is no parent company or chain to complain to). As well, hotels near the beach usually have a bit more 'wear and tear' on them given the ocean breeze and salt water, and smaller/independent properties may not have the financial backing to keep them as we maintained as their non-beach/corporate counter-parts.

Lastly, from a 'family trip' vacation, you may want to focus more on the Miami Beach area vs. South Beach as the former will likely be a bit more tame.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your goals for this stay and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your answer. 

We decided to focus on Miami beach. Regarding the budget / property type (*), it will depend on the value prop. For that reason, if possible, it will be great to identify the following hotels: 

2* in Miami Beach

Price = $96

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Beachfront hotel, Studio, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Kitchenette, Wheelchair accessible

3* in Miami Beach

Price = $117

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Beachfront hotel, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Daily housekeeping, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Boutique hotel

4* in Miami Beach

Price = $171

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

Best guess/comments for each:

2* in Miami Beach

--> my best guess for this one would be the Design Suites at Castle Beach, but with a very low 40% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests probably does not represent a very good value??

3* in Miami Beach

--> not certain, but my guess for this one would be the Westgate South Beach

4* in Miami Beach

--> The Palms Hotel and Spa South Beach

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]