Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn at Fishermans Wharf

tom_m
By tom_m,
in

Goodafternoon!

This is my first time using hotwire to book a hotel for our next trip to San Francisco next year, and I after reading on this website and using the available tools I think I have identified the hotel hotewire is offering me, but being a first time user I would like to run my thoughts by seasoned hotwire users! ;)

The dates I am looking for:
Check in: 10 february 2015
Check out: 13 february 2015
(3 nights stay for 2 adults)

Area: Fisherman's Wharf Area.

The one I am looking at:
3* hotel Fisherman's Wharf Area
$199 / night

Amenities:
- Free internet
- Pet Friendly

- Smoke Free rooms

- Fitness Center

- Pool(s)

- Business Center

I can't seem to find the same offer with hotwire easy view.

The "smoke-free Rooms"  tips me off that this should be the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf hotel. However, this is a 4* hotel according to the list. Also during my previous stay here, there was only free wifi in the hotel lobby and not in the rooms.

If this really is the Sheraton hotel, that would be great! I've stayed here in 2010 en 2011 en I really liked the hotel. Currently prices offered through the Sheraton website are quite steep at 297 incl. taxes/night.

Also, one newbie question; are all the taxes (tourism tax, city tax etc..) included in the price hotwire offers? I assume this is the case, but just to be sure.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Tom

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you can't find the same hotel in the EASY VIEW then you can use the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab and the following to ensure you're seeing the complete set of amenities:

search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
This is what i'm seeing as the full amenity set for the 3* hotel above (although i'm seeing a price closer to $159... not $199):

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf.

ALSO, note from the Hotwire Hotel List that the last known star rating for the Sheraton is at 4 stars, so if you're looking for or trying to target this property, you would want to be looking at 4* properties.

I'm not seeing the Sheraton when searching for your dates above, but i am seeing some very highly rated properties in the $200-$225 range... what is your maximum budget per nite for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response!

It is weird, looking at hotwire now, the price of the property I was looking at dropped to 159 USD.
I've never stayed at the Radisson, but it looks like a nice hotel.

We also thought about staying at the Best Western Plus Tuscan Hotel, which his slightly lower rates than the Sheraton on their booking website.

Looking at the next amenities, I think this might be the Tuscan for around 170 a night:

- 3,5 star rating
- Free internet

- Pet friendly
- Boutique hotel

- Restaurant(s)

- Business Center

- Internet Access
- Acc. for visually impaired
- Acc. for hearing impaired
- Acc. path of travel

- Acc. parking

(I can't seem to copy/paste the text from the "see more" tab in the trip summary)

Our budget is around 700 USD for the total of 3 nights.
Too bad the Sheraton isn't available for now, but I wouldn't mind staying anywhere else. The first offer for presumably the Radisson seems like a good option, but if the hotel with the amenities mentioned above is indeed the Tuscan, that would be or first choice!

After some more searching, like you mentioned, this one seems to be the Hyatt Hotel, because of the laundry services which no other hotel seems to offer:
- 4 star rating
- Pet friendly

- Pool(s)
- Self Serice laundry
- Restaurant(s)

- Roll in shower
- Acc. parking

- Acc. path of travel

- Acc. hearing impaired
- Acc. visually impaired
- Fitness Center

- Business Center

This would right now be about 760 USD including taxes, which is a steal for this hotel. (and our absolute max budget!)

(I can't seem to copy/paste the text from the "see more" tab in the trip summary)

Can you please send me a PM letting us know what browser you are using (and if on mobile device or desktop), what steps you are using to copy/paste, and where the process fails (and what happens when it does).

This is what i'm seeing for the 3.5* hotel:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here would be the Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn at Fishermans Wharf

This is the 4* i'm seeing:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here would be the Hyatt At Fisherman's Wharf.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We've just decided to book trough Hotwire and go with the 3,5 star hotel.
It indeed turned out to be the Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn!!

These were the amenities showed:
- Free Internet
- Pet Friendly

- Boutique

- Restaurant
- Business
- Hi-speed internet
- Blind accessible
- Deaf accessible
- Room accessible
- Travel accessible

- Bathroom accessible
- Handicaped parking
- Roll-in shower

I also used the 10 USD discount code "thanks10". The total for this booking is: 635 USD. The hotel would charge 834,31 USD for the same stay, using BW rewards discount. 
Without this discount, they would charge 927 USD. I am more than happy with my choice!!

Thanks for the help and advice! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]