Hotwire Hotel: 4* Kauai (Poipu) Sheraton Kauai

ralphies
By ralphies,
in

Traveling through feb 9 -13, 2015 2/8/2015 - 2/15/2015.

Planning to stay in the Poipu area.

Hotwire is listing a 4.5* star hotel for$ 293 with these amenities

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Accessibility

based on the pet friendly amenity, I think it is the Sheraton. Any help identifying this hotel is welcomed. Thank You.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Please include all accessible amenities.

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Using the method above, this is the full amenity set (including the accessible amenities) i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Handicapped Parking

... if this is what you're seeing, the Koa Kea Hotel and Resort would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ahh, Thank you for the hotwire tip. That makes more sense. I looked at the Sheraton normal price and it is going for 209 on other sites. Our itinerary has changed (2/8/2015 - 2/15/2015) and we are staying longer in Kauai so we want to cut cost and shoot for a 4* like the Sheraton. Would priceline be a better bet to bid on the Sheraton? It looks like past wins for the Sheraton was around 171 but this is also Valentines so it would be higher.... I will post in the priceline forum for help with Strategy. Thank You again.

Please keep all posts for this stay in this same thread. Once you purchase a hotel use the "ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" button on the lower right corner of this page to provide the details of your win, the entire thread will automatically be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

What is your nightly budget for this leg of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I've decided to try my luck with priceline. Travel dates got updated to 2/8/2015 - 2/15/2015. 

Target 4.5 * to 4* hotels in the Poipu region.

Max price for 4.5* would be 210

Max price for 4* would be 180

I guess my strategy is to bid Poipu region at 171 selecting 4.5*

then rebid selecting the 4* with the same price 

then wait a day to clear and then try upping the price, trying the same strategy. Does that sound right? Thank You in advance for the help with strategy.

was browsing through hotels in the area and saw the Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach offering lower prices because of construction. So if going through priceline, is there a chance I would get a hotel with construction going on in the  4* zone bid. I'm traveling with a baby and I would like to avoid construction in hotels. Thanks

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose; there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific property in the zone.

If you're not willing to accept this risk, you can try PRICELINE EXPRESS if you're able to exclude the hotel you're trying to avoid from the possibilities... or use HOTWIRE (again, if you're able to exclude the the hotel from the possible outcomes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Are you familiar with and using your re-bid zones? See If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. for more information (and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board (highly recommended) if you're new to the subject matter)

There are no re-bid zones at the 4* level, but you do have TWO re-bid zones at the 4.5* level.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hi thereuare,

I just read over the priceline re-bidding again.

I plan to start with the 4* and bid 171, if i get rejected.

I plan to bid on 4.5* selecting poipu area with the same bid.

then add change the zones with a higher bid 180 for Kaapa, if i get rejected

add the princeville zone with a higher bid for 190, if i get rejected

i will try back a few days later and play with  bidding price. 

does that sound reasonable?

Few comments...

I don't think you're in the right ballpark, at current rates you're likely looking at $225-$250+ for a 4* or better hotel for these dates.

I plan to start with the 4* and bid 171, if i get rejected.

I plan to bid on 4.5* selecting poipu area with the same bid.

then add change the zones with a higher bid 180 for Kaapa, if i get rejected

add the princeville zone with a higher bid for 190, if i get rejected

Won't work in it's current format...

The star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so when you bid on a 4* property PRICELINE is already checking for 4.5* hotels, therefore when you go to make your second bid as per above, it will be rejected as a duplicate bid.

You would need to bid as follows:

Select 4* Poipu, if rejected...

Select 4.5* Poipu and re-bid zone1...

Select 4.5* Poipu and re-bid zone2...

Select 4.5* Poipu and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2

Does that make it any clearer (if not you can let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow)

Also, as i suspect your expected budget at this point in time is too low, you should also use our RateDrop service in order to get an alert any time a 4* hotel (thru either PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, or thru a 'regular rate' hotel) drops to $200 or less (or whatever amount would be your 'buy' price)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Hi,

As you suspected, our bid price is too low for the 4.5*, we reached our bid limit of 210 and failed to book.

I saw the Sheraton going rate for 209 - 221. I tried bidding for 171 and that failed. I will try my luck again in a few days for a 4* and will use RateDrop to monitor price drops. Thank you for the very helpful advice.

Sorry to see your bids were rejected.

I'd suggesting booking THIS REFUNDABLE RATE at the Sheraton (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $221/nite while you continue to use RateDrop to monitor prices in hopes for a lower price down the road... but at least this locks you in at current prices in case rats should move higher from here.

You can also use BackUpBooking.com if you're looking for other refundable rate options (search 25 miles from Kauai, HI as 'poipu' is not recognized)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you ultimately received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your time at this property and have a great time on Kauai.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]