Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Empire State Building) Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Avenue

Beantown Girl
By Beantown Girl,
in

Hello, I'm traveling to ny for my anniversary which is 12/4 and would love to stay in times square. With that being said, the date is certainly not flexible. We are also pretty set on at least 3 stars and up properties. i did see one for hotwire at $260 a night/3.5 star but thats kinda steep for our budget. Is it realistic to find one under $200 a night? I understand this is usually the most expensive time of year but we love new york and can't think of any other place to spend our anniversary. The husband doesn't really want to leave times square unless it's a 4 star in MSG/ESB/MTC/MTE and also within reasonable distance of times square which is where we will spend the majority of our trip. If push comes to shove, we'll just stay one night on 12/4 to save some money. Can you offer some advice or input please, thanks in advance!

You can certainly try, but at current rates i think the chances of a 3* in Times Square at $200 or less, or a 4* in one of the other zones you mentioned, is some what low.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand this is usually the most expensive time of year but we love new york and can't think of any other place to spend our anniversary.

While not Times Square (or NYC in general, which is an amazing city), Chicago and Michigan Ave would probably be about a third of the price for these dates. A 4* in Midtown will probably be more towards the $250-275 range.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your input. I actually did look into Chicago and it sounds delightful but we really don't want to miss new york in december since it's so beautiful. After noticing there was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal of a 3.5 star $164 a night for 12/4-12/6 in ESB, we nearly jumped on it since we've been searching for weeks now and have seen anything under $200 for a 3.5 in the general new york MTE, MTW, ESB, TS, MSG area. Since we knew that deal would be there, we decided to take our chances with bidding and try to snag it for even cheaper. To my surprise, my first bid of $155 was accepted. Perhaps we should've started even lower lol. I'm so excited we got a deal since prices are sky high this time of year. Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results for this well reviewed property during this expensive time of year.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the star rating as it appears on your winning bid confirmation page as i believe this property may currently be 3* rated by PRICELINE.

Not to far from your hotel i recommend this place for breakfast as it's my newly found favorite bagel shop in the city:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Sixth and Seventh Avenues)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and of course have a Happy Anniversary :wub:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]