Hotwire Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn

rayleen522
By rayleen522,
in

I am looking to travel to Pittsburgh 1/22/2015 - 1/23/2015 and would like help identifying the following:

Downtown Pittsburgh

4*

Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Roll-in shower

63% Off

Still gathering reviews

Please let me know what you think.  Thank you!

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Pittsburgh thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above.

For the HOTWIRE property above, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay and/or are you comfortable with an 'opaque' purchase for this stay? (as you usually choose to book thru 'regular' retail rates)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed up with my previous Pittsburgh thread.  Sorry, I thought when I had noted then that I wouldn't be trying for a hotel in that area after you made your guess, that would be enough to close the thread out.

I tried my current search again using your BiddingHelper link, and the Hotwire Easy View tab (definitely much easier thank you!).  I found the 4* for $92 with Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower.  Please help me identify.

The purpose of this trip is to attend a concert at Consol Energy Center.  I am interested in staying downtown so that I will not need to travel 90 minutes home late at night.  The price of $92 is much cheaper than 'regular' retail rates, so if you are able to help identify the hotel, I will most likely be booking using Hotwire. 

Thank you for your time!

You may see slightly different prices.

I'm seeing a 4* downtown for $94 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This would be a possible match for the Renaissance.

I'm seeing a 4* downtown for $92 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Omni.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hmmmmm...using your BiddingHelper link, all I am seeing is a 4* downtown with Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower for now $96 and a 3* with Free breakfast, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower for $106.  I'm not seeing one that you beliee is the Renaissance (which I would be happy with!).  Am I missing something?  Do you have a guess for either or both of the above? 

When searching for 1/22-1/23 2 adults, I'm seeing:

You may see different prices:

Downtown:

4* $91. Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.. Likely Omni William Penn.

4* $92. Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be the Renaissance.

3* $105. Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower. Not yet ID'd/reported to the board. Perhaps a new amenity set for the Hampton Inn or HI Express South Side?

If you are not seeing both above 4*s, are you searching for more than 2 people? Are you searching on a mobile device or PC?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you're not seeing the offer in the EASY VIEW TAB but it is still showing in the Hotwire TAB, you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete set of amenities:

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I use your HOTWIRE link right now, I am still only getting the 3* and the one 4* with Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, and Roll-in shower for $96.  If I search using the HOTWIRE tab on the BiddingHelper link, I'm getting the same but for $99.  I am NOT seeing the other 4* that you believe would be the Reanissance.  Why is that?  I know I don't want to stay at the Omni, but would definitely take a chance on the one you think is the Renaissance.  Please Help!!

I'm seeing both 4* hotels above in the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com.

If you filter by only 4 star hotels and 'downtown' under area, do you see more than one 4* hotel offered?

If not, what if you change your search to 2adults/1child?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I was finally able to see the second 4*..  I ended up going with your guess for the Omni.  The Renaissance would have been quite a walk from Consol Energy Center.  I was really hoping for the Westin Convention Center, but didn't want to chance it.  Thanks for all your help and answers to questions.  The final price came in at $82 (after the current $10 promotion) and with these amenities:  Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessibility, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear this property will work well for your needs this trip and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]