Priceline Hotel: Bid ID - San Juan Capistrano

CircleCityGuy
By CircleCityGuy,
in

I'm looking at some holiday travel, but am a little confused by Pricelines rating system.  I have 2  optional dates I would be interested in, they are either 12/23/14-12/28/14, or 12/23/14-1/1/15.  I understand the dollar difference for the different date ranges, but what confuses me is the Star Rating going between "List View", and "Express Bids".  I'm hoping to win one with NYOP, but trying to puzzle out the hotel I have my eye on, so I know which zone/price to go with is where I need help.

My target hotel is the Residence Inn by Marriot.

When going "List View" and narrowing it to San Juan Capistrano, I get 3 hotels.

3* - Residence Inn

2* - Best Western

1* - America's Best Value

Switching to "Express Bid" I have to choose Dana Point/San Juan Capistrano, and get 4 hotels.

3* (Prices go from 86/77 per night depending on date range)

2 1/2* (94/126 per night)

2* (89/86 per night)

1* (67/74 per night)

And to further confuse me, when I look at NYOP, there are 5 Star Ratings!

What star rating should I look at for NYOP in hopes of getting Residence Inn, and what $$ should I look at using?

Many thanks for any and all input on this.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 'retail' side of PRICELINE and the 'bidding' side of PRICELINE (as well as PRICELINE EXPRESS) all use a different universe of hotels, so you can't use what is showing in one section of their service to determine what you will get thru a different section of their service. As well, as you've seen, the 'retail' and 'bidding' sides of their site each use different zone names and boundaries, which makes it tougher to compare.

Is this the Residence Inn that you're hoping for:

Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano

33711 Camino Capistrano

San Juan Capistrano, CA

If so, this is currently in PRICELINE's Dana Point - San Juan Capistrano so this is the zone you would want to be bidding. HOWEVER, i will warn you against bidding with the expectation of a specific property, as there are other 3* hotels in this zone (as well your 3* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated property) and there is no way to target the specific hotel you're hoping for.

If you do want to try bidding, let us know which dates you decide up on, as well as your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com should you decide to book this specific property thru conventional rates.

Let us know what you decide and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]