Priceline Hotel: Chicago Priceline express deal

Naess
By Naess,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a 4,5* hotel in Chicago from 27. March 2015 - 5. April 2015.

I can see a Priceline express deal in North Michigan Ave - River North Area.

The hotel is listed with: Swimming pool, Pets allowed, Fitness center, Restaurant, Business Center.

Guest rating: 8+

Price: 136$

Can you please help me with the name of this hotel? I guess it would be the Omni or Intercontinental.

Regards

I'm seeing a 4.5* on Hot.wire in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area for $131 (the price you see may vary slightly) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This would be a possible match for the Hotel Ivy, which I think is an option worth considering for a few bucks less than the potential Intercontinental.

Let me know if you have any questions (about hotels or Chicago) before booking.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your reply. The Hotel Ivy looks like a better option than the Intercontinental. The Omni looks even better (suites).

I have a refundable booking at the Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago.

I will update this post if I change the booking.

Best regards

To get a sense/be able to compare, what is the cost of the Homewood? Homewood does offer breakfast, but there's so many places that offer breakfast in the city, there's options within a block or two of pretty much every hotel.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

You're really not comparing apples-to-apples given the hotel above is 4.5* rated vs. the Homewood Suites (2.5* or 3* depending upon which location it is that you're referring to).

I think you really need to consider what it is that you want from this stay, as you will certainly have a very different experience at a 2.5/3* hotel vs. a 4.5* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your post and closing this thread.

How did you book the Embassy Suites... was this a HOTWIRE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or bidding on PRICELINE purchase; or did you book thru a 'non-opaque' source?

If one thru one of the above can you please add a reply to this thread indicating thru what service you used and also include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and (if PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE) the amenities shown before your purchase.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best guess for this 4* would be the W Hotel Lakeshore...

I'll also add that there is a 4.5* hotel in this zone for $97/nite if it's worth the extra few dollars a nite:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Business Center

... which looks to be the InterContinental should this be of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Basically a very similar location - the two hotels are a few blocks from one another - but two very different hotels. If a trendy boutique property would be of interest, the W Lakeshore would be an appealing choice and it was renovated last year.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]