Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) The Jewel Hotel

kstrehle
By kstrehle,
in

Hi, looking for a little bidding strategy/help for a 2 night stay in the City, Nov 14-16. About a $200/nt budget. Can go a little higher but $225 is max. Times Square, Mid-Town West, and Central Park South are the areas we want to be in.

With limited re-bids, I'm not sure the right approach to take.

Need any more info?

Thank you,

Kevin

Rates are not that high for these dates and i think that under $200/nite should be do-able, but...

Note that in the CPS zone is the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... would this be an acceptable outcome?

I'm also seeing what appears to be the Empire Hotel for $181/nite should this be of any interest (it's very near the CPS zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A 4* hotel in any of the zones above will likely run you in the $180-$200 range (with TS maybe taking an extra $5... hopefully not)

If you're not willing to accept the Hudson Hotel then you need to NOT include the CPS zone in any bidding.

How do you want to bid this...

Should we include CPS in a bidding strategy or not? Did you want to first bid TS only up to your maximum budget (should we go as high as $205/nite or only $200/nite) and then if rejected include MTW and/or CPS... OR is budget the ultimate goal and the least expensive in either of these three (or two if you decide to exclude CPS) zones the ultimate objective?

I'll also add that i'm seeing what looks to be The Jewel for $189/nite which gets very good reviews (4.5/5.0 TA rating) should this be of any interest.

Let us know your thoughts and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Budget isn't going to break the bank... it's a girls weekend and God knows they're going to break the bank in other ways anyhow. Just trying to keep things reasonable as possible (and I like to know I got a deal!) So, I'd say location is top priority. Let's throw out CPS.

What region is the Jewel in?

The Jewel is in PRICELINE's MTW zone.

So i'm not clear on the above... 4* in the TS zone up to $205 OR a 4* in either the TS or MTW zone up to $200?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow (or if you wanted to try and target The Jewel let us know)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* TS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your (their) success!

This property gets very good reviews and the location is very good with multiple subway lines within a 3-4 block radius.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Hope they have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]