Hotwire Hotel: 3* Charleston (Downtown) Holiday Inn Express Charleston Downtown - Ashley River

john12
By john12,
in

I got royally screwed on this one. Hotwire tempted me with "The last person got Fulton Lane Inn!" and this website's HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS - South Carolina does not list this hotel at all. I paid extra thinking I was getting a hotel truly in the historic district and would save money on parking each day. I could have had an identical experience for $50-$70/night and kept my money.

Please make sure that this hotel gets added to your list so other travelers don't get taken in. Here is the information:

HOT RATE HOTEL

Downtown Charleston area

80% recommended (431 total Hotwire reviews)

8 bookings in last 24 hours

$215 $97 (55% off)

This hotel charges a resort fee of about $1.00 per person per night

Trip Advisor: 4 / 5.0

Amenities: Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pet friendly, fitness center, pool(s), business center, self-service laundry

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you didn't receive the hotel that you were expecting.

Hotwire tempted me with "The last person got Fulton Lane Inn!"

For the future note that this information refers to the last purchase in the zone at this star rating... not the specific hotel currently offered.

... this website's HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS - South Carolina does not list this hotel at all.

Amenities: Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pet friendly, fitness center, pool(s), business center, self-service laundry

Note the comments at the top of the Hotwire Hotel List regarding the lists only containing hotels that have been reported to the board and that new hotels can be added at any time.

As well, you want to match up all the amenities (and any other information) that HOTWIRE associates with the hotel, not just the star rating and some of the amenities. The hotel you purchased shows a 'Pet Friendly' amenity, but the Fulton Lane Inn is does not allow pets, so that could have been at least one clue that this was some other property.

Feel free to ask the board for help or confirming of what you think is being offered before your next opaque hotel purchase.

Thank you for sharing your purchase with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List for this area. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Hope you can make this work for your needs and you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I copy-pasted the full list of amenities below. You're right, I left out the "Accessibility" amenities.

Free parking
Free breakfast
Free Internet
Pet friendly
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access

Accessibility
Accessible for visually impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Accessible parking
Roll-in shower

Thanks for adding the hotel, and for your tips for the next time I use Hotwire. I definitely don't blame this board at all, I just want share what I know to help others out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]