Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront

Sg13
By Sg13,
in

Hello,

We will be in Chicago for only 1 night 11/7-11/8 and looking to be in the center with easy access to subway (we do have full two days though).

$134 Amenities

Pet friendly
  Indoor pool(s)
  Smoke-free rooms
  Fitness center
Pool(s)
  Restaurant(s)
  Business center
  Internet access

I have also been looking into Priceline but didn't know if NMA-River N is too north to be in the center and MP, Loop, GP would be better area to bid.  We can wait until the last minute to bid since I have seen the prices change as we get closer to the date.

Our itinerary looks like The Cloud, subway ride to Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, Rookery Light, Girl & the Goat, and Lou Malnati's.  We think we will also go to a blues show on Friday.  Unfortunately one of us is afraid of heights so no Willis Tower :(.

Thanks for any suggestions into areas, hotels, and activities!!

The above is a match for the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers so that would be my best guess for this one.

I will leave it to AaronbJB to comment on the location of this property since he is local to the area and can best advise you on this vs. any other options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The percent recommended shown by HOTWIRE is an internal number they use based upon feedback from previous HOTWIRE guests, this number does not appear on any other website so it can't be used to try to guess as to the hotel being offered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Loop is closer to museums, but has less in the way of shopping and nightlife. Some of the Loop areas (such as the W/S portions) can be quiet at night.

The River North/NMA area has more in the way of nightlife and restaurants. 

I'd really strongly suggest Lincoln Park Zoo instead of Navy Pier. In terms of Wrigley, tours are over for the year. 

I'm seeing (you may see slightly different prices)

4* Mag Mile-RN: Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly $144. Likely Sheraton.

4.5* Downtown-MP-GP Boutique, Restaurant, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. $148. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a guess would be that the Burnham may have been upgraded to 4.5*.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the quick response.  Allegro seems too west for us.  I will keep my eye out for the Sheraton deal again.  Looks like the $144 is no longer available as well.

Will take your advice on the zoo instead of the pier also.  Any thoughts on Blues club or bar or should we wait until I book a hotel?

When searching for this night, I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $152 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly. Would likely be the Sheraton. 

Are you seeing this listing? You may see a slightly different price. If you are seeing a different listing, are you searching for more than 2 people?

The Zoo is great because you can combine it with the nearby Old Town area (Zanies, Second City), the Notabert Museum, Chicago Historical Society and the Lincoln Park neighborhood.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Unfortunately, rates look to have gone up a little - I'm seeing what appears to be the Allegro for $123 and now the next cheapest is the possible Burnham for $155, then I see what appears to be the Hilton for $159 and Allerton for $160.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have questions regarding a listing.

Since prices have been going up, changed my request from 4 to 3.5. Saw this deal on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $112 so glad we got it for little bit less. Happy with location and free breakfast. Thanks for the help on the Hot.wire deals also.

Started at 80 and won at 100. Used your [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and are pleased with the results. The evening manager's reception and free breakfast are nice perks at this chain.

There are two Embassy Suites properties in this zone, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming which one you received (either the full name of the hotel and/or the address)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Wow - somebody lucked out! :)

Great price for this very nice (and quite well-located) Embassy Suites property, which is rarely ever seen as a win on the board.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the city. Wrigley's certainly a "classic Chicago" sight to see, but I guess with limited time and no tours at this point of the year, my fear is that the time could just be better spent elsewhere. Navy Pier I just don't care for (it's really more of a tourist trap and there won't be much going on outside at this point of year.)

Personally, as someone familiar with the area, I think a few of my main recommendations would be Art Institute (and then you can combine that easily with Millennium Park, which is essentially next door), Lincoln Park Zoo/Old Town (the latter has the famed Second City and one of my favorite stores in the city, the Spice House - http://www.thespicehouse.com/info/chicago-spice-store.html) and Michigan Ave (although Lincoln Park has some great shops and more boutique/independent/treasure hunt-y versus the chains on Michigan Ave.)

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy your stay.

Thank you for the additional recommendations. Will definitely look into the Lincoln Park area. If we have time (probably not) will just ride the subway to Wrigley to get a "touristy" photo op.

Embassy Suites has good reviews and this way we have more room and free food/ drinks! :)

Thanks again for all your help.

The nice thing about Wrigley if you do go is that, unlike some baseball stadiums, Wrigley's actually in this great area where there's a lot going on. It's a really nice neighborhood with a lot of restaurants - if you do go, it's easy enough to get back on the "L" and then head South to Fullerton and then you can walk E from the Fullerton stop to LP Zoo (decent walk, but it's a very nice walk and straightforward.) This is a pretty decent list: http://chicago.seriouseats.com/2012/04/where-to-eat-around-wrigley-field-slideshow.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]