Priceline Hotel: Manhattan bidding help

cindyl
By cindyl,
in

Hi, we will be traveling back and forth to NYC for a while to visit our daughter. We'll need to stay from time to time, so we're wondering if anyone has any general advice.

She is in Williamsburg, but we'd prefer Manhattan area, anywhere north of the Financial District to no further north than Central Park area. OR even suggestions for the safest areas and what to avoid would be helpful too.

We have an upcoming trip, arriving Wed Nov 5 - checkout Wed Nov 12. This time there'll be 4 adults staying, so ideally we'd like 2 rooms or probably what will be more affordable is to do a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal where there is a bed choice?

3* or better hotel, and wondering if there's already a bid strategy post. Also, what is a general rule of thumb to start bidding? I know the hotel prices swing madly from reasonable to outrageous depending on the day and events that week.

Would it be better to try and bid 2 or 3 weekend days when it's highest priced and then bid again for weekdays when it's lower priced to avoid an overall higher average?? 

Sorry for all the questions, just know when I've bid before, it takes a lot of time to figure free rebids, etc. And, I've never understood why it's important to close the browser and rebid. 

Thanks for any help.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]