Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) The Shoreham Hotel

FirstAidKid
By FirstAidKid,
in

Hi,

I am trying to bid for a room from Oct 31 to Nov 4 in NYC.

4 star, around $175CAD

area of preference: I don't really know where the stuff are so I guess it doesnt matter too much, but places I have heard are:

MTW, ESB, MSG, TS, HK?, I don't know if MTE is too far from subway

I am not understanding the rebid zone too much and thus was not able to bid after 7 tries. Can someone explain to me how I can keep on bidding in 1 go? Also, do I have to go up by $5 each time? I saw one strategy that only adds $3.

What I did:

1 - MTW $155

2 - MTW & ESB $160

3 - MTW & ESB & MSG $165

Closed and reopened browser

4 - HK & TS $150

5 - HK & TS & MSG $155

6 - HK & TS & MSG & MTW $160

7 - HK & TS & MSG & MTW & ESB $165

Can someone help me out with exactly what zones I need to rebid in order to be able to keep bidding

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You need to know how to determine your re-bid zones on your own since they can change at any time and therefore need to be double checked before each bidding cycle. (if we listed the re-bid zones and then they changed before you were able to bid, you could easily end up in a zone you didn't intend).

If you've already read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused, then try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

HINT: there are TWO re-bid zones available at the 4* level.

Also, if you're not aware, the NYC Marathon is taking place over your stay and this is a very busy time for NYC hotels as many runners from all over the world (as well as those who come to watch them) come to the event. At current rates in the zones you have bid, i think you're likely looking in the $190-$210 area for a 4* hotel... what is your maximum budget per nite for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let's start with getting you up to speed on re-bidding and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]