Priceline Hotel: NYC dec12 - dec17 4*

vikmos
By vikmos,
in

The budget in the topic should be ~ 270$ incl. tax.

It seems as we will be traveling to NYC for the first time in dec (12-17) and is therefore looking fore some place to sleep.

We would like a 4* (or greater if possible) hotel if it's possible within our budget 270$ incl. tax.

The areas we have looked at are:

Midtown East

Midtown West

Times Square - Theatre District

Empire State Building Area (is there other areas that is suitable for first time visitors?)

How and when should we start bidding? wait a bit longer for the prices to drop or go ahead right away?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't think your budget should be an issue, but there is no way to know if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip. The first few nites of your stay are typically the last nites of the expensive holiday season... and then we see rates drop thru the Christmas Holiday until the pre-New Year's Eve crowd comes to town. Given rates are within your current budget i'd be looking to purchase now if you're plans/dates are firm to ensure they don't move higher from here and then you not be able to get your desired 4 star hotel within your budget.

In addition to the zones above, you may want to also consider:

MSG - generally considered to be well located and near subway stations

Chelsea - some hotels can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, but this is a 'hot' area right now with lots of boutiques, cafes, restaurants, bars, etc. that makes it a desirable area

Also, i'm seeing what is likely the Affinia Dumont for your dates for less than $200/nite (before fees/taxes... would still be well within your budget of under $270/nite all-in). This is a very highly rated hotels (4.5/5.0 from TA) so if you'd rather try to target this property rather than bidding on PRICELINE (where you may get a cheaper/less expensive deal but not have the ability to target such a highly rated property) let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

EDIT TO ADD: based upon a recent post what i though may be the Affinia Dumont may actually be the Shelburne, which is another highly rated hotel in the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]