Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Disney Maingate West) Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort

bfordmn
By bfordmn,
in

I would like to use HW to purchase HGV on I-Drive.  Current non-opaue rates are around $150/night for my dates: 11/13-11/17.

LBV-DT Disney is the HW zone that covers the HGV I-Drive location. 

For my dates when I search that zone, three condo properties appear

1) 4-star $95/night 85% with Amenities

Free parking
    Free Internet
    Resort
    2-bedroom suite
    Full kitchen
    Laundry in room
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)

2) 3-star $81/night 100% with Amenities

Free parking
    2-bedroom suite
    Full kitchen
    Smoke-free rooms
    Air conditioning
    Laundry in room
    Pool(s)
    Front desk
    Self-service laundry

3) 3-star $86 no rating with Amenities that include free breakfast, so that rules out HGV.

I posted this on the Hotwire forum, but I would be perfectly happy to get it via either PL avenue if that would be easier.

Previously one needed to do weird amenitiy listing technique to get all of the amenities.  I looked in the FAQ for something on that, but did not find anything.  If I have not listed them correctly, I can revise this post.

Thanks for your help. 

I'm not seeing these properties offered when searching for your dates... are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Are you only willing to accept the Hilton Grand Vacations for this stay OR are you willing to consider other properties as well?

Even though i'm not seeing any of these same properties, I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing these properties offered when searching for your dates... are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Are you only willing to accept the Hilton Grand Vacations for this stay OR are you willing to consider other properties as well?

Even though i'm not seeing any of these same properties, I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I searched again just now and got only the first two condos, $95 and $81.

We previously stayed at HGV and really liked it, (size, layout, balcony and pools).  We would entertain other properties with similar characteristics.

I just used the helper tool and got results from the same two condos (although in the helper, they are not listed as condos explicitly) with the following amenities:

4* $95  FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3* $81 FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Pool(s), Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette

Now that I see kitchette in the listing for the 3*, that does not sound like HGV, which definitely had a full kitchen.

I am guessing you are going to tell me that the $95 is likely HGV, but not positive.  What else would it be? Caribe Royale Orlando?

Thanks.

The 4* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa with a new amenity set would be a possibility, although it may be something else. I'm not seeing a 3* in this zone for these dates with the same amenity set. Are you still seeing it when searching for these dates - if so, how many people are you searching for?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The 4* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa with a new amenity set would be a possibility, although it may be something else. I'm not seeing a 3* in this zone for these dates with the same amenity set. Are you still seeing it when searching for these dates - if so, how many people are you searching for?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, still seeing it on both std HW and the helper

$81 3-star 100% FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Pool(s), Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette

Searching for 1-room, 2-adults, no children.

I see them both now... i was previously looking at the wrong zone.

The 4* does match previous reports for the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa, so that would be my best guess for that one.

I do see the 3* property as well, but it has not yet been reported to the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com should you decide to book a specific hotel.

Good luck and let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When it does come up, is the HGV a three or four star?

HGV on I-Drive is showing as a 3.5* on Price.line's retail area.   $98 for your dates.  If it is offered as a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal it should be the same star level.  

You can see it if you click through via the PRICELINE link top right.  Then click "List View" and search on hotel name.

Romelle

On PRICELINE the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on International Drive is 3.5* rated... but on HOTWIRE the last known rating for this property was 4*.

With so many hotels in this zone we don't see this property come up too often (relative to the others in the zone)

Yes, I was confusing the one you wanted with the Seaworld one.   The Seaworld one's address said "Orlando, FL (International Drive - Sea World)" and I figured the "International Drive" part was definitive.  Sorry.

Romelle

PS - I'm a member, not a board official.  Just thought I was being helpful.

Yes, I was confusing the one you wanted with the Seaworld one.   The Seaworld one's address said "Orlando, FL (International Drive - Sea World)" and I figured the "International Drive" part was definitive.  Sorry.

Romelle

PS - I'm a member, not a board official.  Just thought I was being helpful.

No problem, thanks for trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Condo property has popped up:

3.5* LBV DT Disney 85% $63/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Resort, Studio, Air conditioning, Children's activities, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, 24-hour front desk, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Also considering other non-condo properties:

2.5* LBV DT Disney 90% $42/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Suite, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

For some reason, the Helper list it at $41/night.

3.5* LBV DT Disney 85% $62/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Again, for some reason the Helper has it at $61/night.

Thank you.

Best guess/comments for each:

3.5* LBV DT Disney 85% $63/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

--> Grande Villas Resort

2.5* LBV DT Disney 90% $42/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

--> Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

3.5* LBV DT Disney 85% $62/night for same dates 11/13 - 11/17, four nights

--> Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Since i could not narrow down any property I was hoping for on HW, I have been spending some time bidding PL (of course, using the BB link) with no luck. I am quite certain I could have gotten the Renaissance Orlando Resort for around $75-$80, but that hotel seems to be getting tired and it comes with one of the heftiest parking/resort fees of around $40/night.  So I have a couple more queries on HW:

SW/I-Drive South  4*  $105  95%

Amentities: (Does not show up on the Helper. Does that happen often?)

Free Internet
Resort
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Golf nearby

SW/I-Drive South  4.5*  $98  95%

Resort
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access
Golf nearby

Again, no exact match on the Helper!

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
If the hotel is not showing in the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW then you'll need to use method #2.

Please confirm the full list of amenities associated with the offers above and we will have a look.

SW/I-Drive South  4*  $108  95%

Free Internet
    Resort
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Self-service laundry
    Internet access
    Golf nearby
    Tennis nearby
    Spa services

SW/I-Drive South  4.5*  $99  95%
    Resort
    Smoke-free rooms
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Self-service laundry
    Internet access
    Golf nearby
    Tennis nearby
    Spa services
    Accessible for visually impaired
    Accessible for hearing impaired
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility
    Wheelchair accessible
    Accessible bathroom
    Accessible parking
    Roll-in shower

My best guess for each:

SW/I-Drive South  4*  $108  95%

--> Rosen Shingle Creek

SW/I-Drive South  4.5*  $99  95%

--> Hyatt Regency Orlando

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or you can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world, and the interface makes it very easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Let us know whatever you decide.

"Won" this property on HW.  I am a bit disappointed, given it was a "90%", and middling review on TripAdvisor.  Also, not much of a discount from list. 

Resort, Free parking, Free Internet, Studio, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks for your help.  Purchase made thru your HOTWIRE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]