Hotwire Hotel: Looking for 4* hotel in Chicago - Magnificent Mile Area

ctygard
By ctygard,
in

4* Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower $107.00 easy view.

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower $115.00 easy view.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* Magnificent Mile Area - River North $167.00 easy view.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

There are a few more hotels listed under the regular Hotwire tab. Not sure of the best way to ID those. I'm trying to find the nicest hotel possible for under $150. Thanks so much for any help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You may see slightly different prices than I do. Also, if you are searching for a different amount of people than 2, please let me know as you very well may come up with different results.

4* $106 Mag Mile N-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower. This listing hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that it MAY be a new amenity set for the Allerton.

4* $127 Mag Mile N-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. Possible match for the Public.

4* $169 Mag Mile-RN Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. Likely the Kinzie.

4* $115 Mag Mile N-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. Likely Whitehall.

I'm not seeing a 4* Mag Mile-RN with the amenities you list with the 4* $167.

Let me know if you have any questions before booking - also please let me know if you have any questions about the city.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, I did search for the hotel room with 1 person. I figured that would make it cheaper, although my wife will be joining me on the trip. I will be in Chicago recruiting but my wife wants to be in the center of the action on Michigan Ave. Should I search for 2 people to make the list similar to yours? Which hotels do you recommend the most? Thanks!

My thoughts:

4* Mag Mile-RN Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. With breakfast showing, it's a likely match for the Kinzie. For $169, this would certainly be more expensive, but it's in a terrific location in River North - tons of restaurants nearby, subway an easy walk and you get breakfast/evening reception as an added value. 

4* Mag Mile N-WT: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $127. This would be a potential match for the Public. If this is the Public, that property was a legendary older hotel that was given a complete redesign. The property looks very nice, but some of the negatives from the core structure (it's an old building, thin walls) remain. The Public is an attempt to offer a more affordable boutique - room service is cheaper, wifi is free, etc. Reviews have been mixed, but I enjoyed my stay there. This is not centrally located - it's at the tip top of the zone, in the Gold Coast area. The Gold Coast has a lot of nightlife/restaurants and is an easy walk to the top end of the NMA area. If one didn't mind a moderate walk, you could also walk from here to Lincoln Park Zoo and Old Town.

Personally, I think the potential Kinzie with free breakfast and a terrific location is the best option that I'm seeing in general. Around $125 and under, I think the most appealing option would be the potential Public.

Let me know if you have any questions (city or hotel) before booking. 

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Should I search for 2 people to make the list similar to yours?

You should search for two people because:

1) that is how many people you will be

2) there often is NOT a price difference between 1 guest vs. 2 guests (2 guests vs 2+ guests is a different story)

3) HOTWIRE guarantees accommodations for the number of guests you include in your search and you could get a smaller than usual room designed for one person if you only search for one guest

I'll leave it to AaronJB to recommend the best option since he is local to the area and can more easily determine the best option among the offers within your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just found a 4.5* in Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower for $156 ($290) on the regular hotwire tab, and $154 on the easy view. Could this be the Sofitel or Palomar? This might be the nicest hotel in the price range. My dates changed from 11-16 to 11-24 now. 

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Can you please help ID this hotel? Thanks!

The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one... although i'll add that there is a slight chance that this could also be a new amenity set for the Omni.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]