Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Thompson Chicago

DDBINC
By DDBINC,
in

Resort fees in large metropolitan cities are not that common, although as these fees are becoming more prevalent throughout the country i wouldn't surprise me of a few hotels have recently added them, but at this point this would much more be the exception and not the rule.

Do you have a specific trip in mind that you're inquiring for? What are the dates of your stay, desired star rating, budget, and zones that you're considering?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No hotels in Chicago that I'm aware of has them. They do have expensive parking costs, unfortunately, but not resort-style fees. I'm only aware of two in NYC that have such fees.

I'm very familiar with Chicago - please let me know if you have hotel  and general city questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is a 3.5 star rated property currently going for $111.00 a night  for the dates Mar. 14-17 2015 in Mag Mile -River North area with the following amenities .

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Can you give me your best guess which hotel this is please?

From the Hotwire Hotel List this would be a match for previous reports of the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza so that would be my best guess for this one.

However... at $111/nite for this 3.5* property, why not the 4* in the same zone for $96/nite? Or the 4.5* for just a few dollars more at $126/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn Mart Plaza is fine - it's a bit out of the way but there's the chance you may get a river view. However, I'd much rather recommend the 4.5* in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area for $96 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly. That would likely be the Thompson. Or there's a 4* in the Mag Mile N-WT zone w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $87. That has a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page and my guess would be the MileNorth.

Again, the Holiday Inn would be okay, but I just see a number of much more (especially the potential Thompson) appealing possibilities for similar/less cost.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was hoping that was a  match for the Doubletree as I have stayed there before and really liked it.

The Thompson appears to have gone away for now but I will look for it and hope it comes back as that would be a better fit for me than the Holiday inn. If I need further help I will come back to this thread and when I book this itinerary I will use your HOTWIRE link and post the result here.

Currently showing a 4.5 Mag Mile North-Water Tower  star hotel with what appears to be the same amenities as you listed for the Thompson  going for $99.00 a night but with the order of the amenities going like this. Is this likely the Thompson?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

A king bed is much preferred by me and it appears that the standard room at the Thompson is likely to be a king bed.

Do you have  a list of hotels in Chicago that charge resort fees and how much those fees are?

Just a note related to my original post in this thread and the reason I asked about resort fees..

Hotwire lists a 4 star 95% recomended hotel for $88.00 a night but it shows that "This hotel charges a resort fee of about $4.95 per room per night"

It also shows that the last person who booked this listing  got the Whitehall Hotel

4.5* Water Tower

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

--> best guess for this one would be the Thompson Chicago

Hotwire lists a 4 star 95% recomended hotel for $88.00 a night but it shows that "This hotel charges a resort fee of about $4.95 per room per night

Please include the zone and amenities in your post(s) as it makes it easier for us to find the same offer when replicating your search. Assuming this is the 4* in the Water Tower zone with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> best guess for this one would be the MileNorth Hotel

NOTE that the "Last person got ____" information is relative to the last purchase in the zone at this star rating, NOT necessarily for the specific hotel currently offered.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Great to see you were able to get the hotel to appear again and that you received the hotel you were hoping for. Always nice to have your accommodations booked well in advance of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

This is a really terrific deal for this property and hope you are pleased with the result.

You'll find the Original Pancake House across the street for breakfast, but be warned that it's on the small side. Hendrickx Belgian Bread (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hendrickx-belgian-bread-crafter-chicago) is also a very short walk - that's a really cute little place with great food. Let me know if you have any city questions.

The area has a variety of places, from more casual and louder/party places to higher end and quieter options. At the higher end, the bar at the Peninsula is an easy walk from this hotel and is an elegant/cozy option that I like. There used to be a great little place for ages around the corner from this hotel called Jilly's, but that's been replaced by a Starbucks. Butch McGuires is a much more casual option a couple of blocks North on Division. There's plenty of other options in the River North area, as well, including Green Door (http://greendoorchicago.com/), which was built in 1872. You can also take a walk over to the Hancock and have a drink at the Signature Lounge while enjoying the view. The Thompson used to be the Sutton Place and it had a Whiskey Bar location, but the new restaurant and bar (http://www.yelp.com/biz/nico-osteria-chicago) has gotten excellent reviews. Drawing Room (http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the-drawing-room/Location?oid=1024493) is also a pleasant option nearby. There's quite a lot more - let me know what you are looking for in term of bar/restaurants and I'd be happy to offer recommendations.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]