Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook - Downers Grove) Holiday Inn Oak Brook

pisha
By pisha,
in

Used the betterbidding PRICELINE link. Cautionary tale; I wanted Schaumburg (holiday Inn express) which I had previously won @ $60 for the same period & started my bidding at $50, adding Oakbrook $55,  as a free bid  based on the betterbidding list of hotels (which stated that there are no 3star hotels on priceline). To my consternation, the bid was accepted! Oakbrook turned out to be 1/2 hour ride from Schaumburg where the rest of the family stayed & it was a logistical mess. I, obviously cant quibble about this since betterbidding information is based on viewer feedback..but request you to please  amend the list of hotels to reflect this piece of priceline skullduggery. I dont think holiday Inn oakbrook justifies its 3star rating & this is confirmed by yelp.

Sorry to hear that the result was unexpected and that the property was a disappointment. :(

There is a note at the top of each of the lists noting that the list only provides what has been reported to the board, as well as to not use the list to determine re-bid zones. If you can select a star rating in a zone, there is a hotel that can be won in that zone at that star rating (if a star rating in a zone cannot be selected during the purchase process, then there are no hotels at that star rating in that zone.) There have also been a number of hotels on the list reported to the board at the 3* level in this zone.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry again to hear that the result was a disappointment. Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns before bidding and we would be happy to help with future stays.

...adding Oakbrook $55,  as a free bid  based on the betterbidding list of hotels (which stated that there are no 3star hotels on priceline).

Not sure where you are/were looking but this property has already been reported to the board, and is in the Priceline Hotel List, as a 3 star property (as well, there are at least 5 other 3* hotels reported to the board, as well as 3.5* and 4* hotels also reported, which would also exclude this zone from being used as a re-bid zones).

The proper (and only method that should be used) to determine your re-bid zones is outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this regard as well as ask the board for help/confirm your bidding strategy before bidding for your next hotel.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]