Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Kinzie Hotel

lildeb78
By lildeb78,
in

I'll be in Chicago for work 11/4-11/8. This will be my 4th trip to Chicago this year, and each time I've stayed at different hotels because of pricing. I've been very fortunate to pick up great deals at fabulous hotels the other times. I'll be working near the Tribune building, so anything within a mile or less from there would be good. Everywhere I've stayed and liked previously is way expensive right now. Ideally I'll find a nice hotel for less than $200/night, but I'd go up to $225-$250 if it's a really fabulous hotel. An additional side note is that while I'm working, my husband is joining me for 3 days and he won't be working. It will be his first time in Chicago.

Searching Hotwire, I'm seeing the following options. Please help me in id'ing these properties:

4* - Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower - $149/nt: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

4* - Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower - $231/nt: friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4.5* - Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower - $250/nt: pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

4* - Magnificent Mile Area - River North - $183/nt: Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services

4* - Chicago Loop - Theater District - $205/nt: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks for the help!

If prior Chicago wins have been through Hot.wire/Price.line, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share them as separate threads, as the information does help others.

You may see slightly different prices than I do:

4* Mag Mile N-WT $141. Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. Possible match for the Public.

I'm seeing a 4* for $203 in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Kinzie - are you seeing this listing as well?

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $241. Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. Likely the Hyatt on St Clair

4* Loop Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $205. Likely Crowne Plaza Metro - certainly not what you would want.

4* Mag Mile-RN $181 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa. Not yet Id'd/reported to the board - new amenity set for the Felix, possibly.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

None of my previous trips to Chicago were booked through HOT.WIRE / PRICE.LINE as I was able to get decent rates directly with the hotels.

I'm not seeing the listing you mention. I just searched again, and it still isn't coming up. That deal seems like it would be the best. Any suggestions on how to encourage that hotel to come up?

I'm seeing it for $201 when searching for 2 people for 11/4-8 this afternoon. 4* Mag Mile-RN Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

I actually think the potential Public would be a very good deal - while it's farther than you would have liked, it's notably cheaper to the point where you could get a cab (or there's a subway a few blocks away) and still save over the other options.

Or the potential Kinzie if you do get it to appear. Are you searching on a PC?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

No matter what I search or on which computer, I can't seem to get that other 4* Mag Mile RN to show up. I'll probably keep watching and make a decision within a few days. Most likely will go with a RN option, though the possible Public looks good, I'm not sure I want to be that far up. Thanks for the help thus far.

Happy to help! :)

If the potential Public listing is the Public, I liked that property. The downside is that it is an older building and the limitations (thin walls) remain, but the property was given a very significant facelift Additionally, I think if you did stay at the Public, you could walk South on Rush instead of Michigan to the Wrigley building area or take the subway South two stops or it would be a VERY quick cab ride.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if you have any questions before bidding.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this well-reviewed property. While more expensive than the Public, this is a much newer property, you get free breakfast and evening reception (which are both certainly a savings) and this is an easy walk to the area where you need to be (so saving on cabs/public transit.)

Let me know if you have any Chicago questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]