Hotwire Hotel: New Orleans or Baton Rouge

bjmueller19
By bjmueller19,
in

I am trying to find the best hotel for my 7 year old and I to stay at from November 6th through the 9th. We're going to the LSU/Alabama game on the 8th. We can either stay in New Orleans or Baton Rouge or somewhere in between. I want to stay in a 7+ or higher rated hotel for under $100. Any advice on what location to bid on?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept for this stay?

Also, given these two cities are over an hour apart, do you have a preference of one location over the other? As the game is only one day of three of your trip, do you have things to do in both cities (or in the area(s) in between which may be less interesting than either of these two cities) that you're open to such a wide range of area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for replying! I don't care about the star rating. However, if it's below a 3 star, I'd want the hotel to be at least an average of 8 on reviews. I typically prefer Hampton Inn, Country Inn & Suites or Holiday Inn Express. It really doesn't matter which city we stay in either. I used to live in Baton Rouge when I went to LSU years ago. So if there is a better deal around Baton Rouge, we can always make a day trip to New Orleans to sight see. My first choice would be to find a nice hotel in the New Orleans suburbs. Thanks for your help!

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 2.5* hotel in the Metairie - Harahan zone for $92/nite with an 8.0 or better user review rating:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Pool

Business Center

Fitness Center

Would this one be of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]