Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Lower East Side) Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel

jen44
By jen44,
in

Wanted: hotel in NYC - SoHo/Tribeca only

date of stay: October 12-October 17 2014

Star rating: 3,4, or 5.

Price:  no more than 220.

Can someone please tell me how to go about bidding and rebidding to get the best possible rate. without having to wait 24 hours each time. Thanks. Jen

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this the only zone you're willing to accept, as currently your budget may not be enough for a 3* or better hotel in this zone for your dates.

To learn how to determine your re-bid zones see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. If you've read this and are still confused try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,  SoHo is the only neighborhood I want, as i am attending a class at TIGI academy at 400 Broome Street and i want to be able to walk there within 10 minutes.  I do not want a 2 star as the reviews are not very good.  Money is an issue.  I need to spend under 200. a night.

Thanks.

Brooklyn:  4 star deluxe

Central park south: 5 star luxury

Chelsea: 4 1/2 star deluxe plus

Coney Island: no info

Downtown-Financial district: 5 star luxury

Empire State Building:  5 star luxury

Hells Kitchen:  4 star deluxe

Long Island City: 4 star deluxe

Lower East Side: 4 star deluxe

Madison Square Garden: 4 star deluxe

Midtown East: 5 star luxury

Midtown West: 4 1/2 star deluxe plus

Morningside Heights-Harlem: 3 1/2 star upscale plus

Queensborough Bridge: 3 star upscale

Soho/Tribeca: 5 Star luxury

Times Square: 5 star luxury

Union Square-East Village: 4 star deluxe

Upper East Side: 5 star luxury

Upper West Side: 4 star deluxe

Thanks for any help.

Hi,  SoHo is the only neighborhood I want, as i am attending a class at TIGI academy at 400 Broome Street and i want to be able to walk there within 10 minutes.

What about the Lower East Side zone... would this work well for your needs as well? (and at current rates i think a 3* hotel in Soho at $200 or less may be a difficult task, and while the LES zone won't necessarily be easy, i think your chances are better there... by including both zones in your acceptable zones you increase the number of bids you can make within a 24 hour period and give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid, which equates to the best/lowest price possible)

Morningside Heights-Harlem: 3 1/2 star upscale plus

Soho/Tribeca: 5 Star luxury

Using the information above, if you were to bid for a 4* hotel in either the Morningside Heights and Soho zones, do you see how if you were to be successful, the hotel would have to be in the Soho zone? (since Morningside Heights doesn't have any hotels that meet your 4* minimum criteria)

Let us know your thoughts on adding the additional zone, and if you understand the re-bid example, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I can do the LES as well. I researched some addresses and (the walk is no more than 15 min).

I think I understand the rebid.  but to clarify 1.  bid on soho and 4 star and 175. then if no then 2. bid on soho and morningside heights and 4 star and 176.  then if no 3. bid on les and morningside heights and 4 star and 177??? like that?

thanks.

Yes, you have the re-bid concept correct (but keep in mind the number of re-bid zones change as you change your star rating... TWO re-bid zones at the 4* level, ONE re-bid zones at the 3.5* level, and NO re-bid zones at the 3* level)

One more question before getting started... are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip? While at current rates i think 4* hotels will likely be beyond your budget, you may be able to get a 3.5* hotel near the top end of your budget OR a 3* hotel for about $25 cheaper... do you prefer the higher rated hotel for a little more OR a lower rated hotel for a little less?

Please confirm your preference and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

My goal is to spend 200. I can't go beyond that. BUT...if it was the option for a 3 star at 150. or a 4 star at 175. Then I want the 4 star. If the option is a 3 star at 200. or a 4 star at 225. I'll take the 3 star. :) I know crazy but that is my budget. :/

Thanks for any help.

To confirm, is that $200 bid price (since this is lower than your originally stated $220/nite in your first post)... or are you looking to spend $200 all-in including taxes/fees?

A $200 bid price for a 3* or better hotel in one of these zones is likely do-able... but if you're looking at 'all-in' this may be substantially more difficult.

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying...

So to recap, the best star rated hotel you can get in either the Soho or LES zones with a maximum bid of $200/nite. If this is correct, you can bid as follows:

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones, at the 3.5* level you have ONE re-bid zone, at the 3* level you have NO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Soho...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* LES...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Soho and LES...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Soho...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* LES...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Soho and LES...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195

If the above is rejected you have a choice how to proceed...

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the East Village-Lower East Side zone with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating (excellent) for $201/nite (you're price may differ by a few dollars) with amenities of: Restaurant, Fitness, Business, Pet Friendly. Best guess for this property would be the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. You can take this HOTWIRE offer OR try the following bidding at the 3* level:

Select 3* Soho...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* LES...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Soho and LES...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bid 2 days using the bidding method given (which is awesome BTW) and got the 3 star for 210 which it think is pretty good for NYC in fall.

Thanks for your help. I used the PRICELINE link in the better bidding website. And will use again when bidding.

Thanks so much for the bidding method tips I can use it next time.

FYI (couldn't find the HOTWIRE deal) and it's only a few dollars more than the express deal that was there a few days ago and is no longer :/

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received something within your original budget and that you're pleased with the results and this property will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]