Hotwire Hotel: Help with Venetian!

Stephania27
By Stephania27,
in

I'm new to better bidding. Looking to go to Vegas 10/24-26 for my 30th birthday with friends and would love to stay at the Venetian.

I have been reading through the forums and I am still a bit confused. I understand with Hotwire you do not bid, you just see their Secret Hot rates. Are these the listings that I should be examining amenities? Or is there someplace else?

With Priceline, is it more of a roll of the dice since not many amenities are listed when you try to name your own price? Or should I be searching/focusing on the Express deals?

I guess I just need a bit more guidance before I really dive into searching. I'm just feeling a bit lost- the information here is helpful but overwhelming!

Thanks!

ps- not sure at this time if I will need one or two rooms. Is the process different if I do need to book two rooms?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With Priceline, is it more of a roll of the dice since not many amenities are listed when you try to name your own price? Or should I be searching/focusing on the Express deals?

You should focus on PRICELINE EXPRESS if an educated guess for the name of a property is more important than the price (if using Price.line).

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

not sure at this time if I will need one or two rooms. Is the process different if I do need to book two rooms?

This is very important. You need to book all the rooms at the same time or you and your friends might end up in different hotels.

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Thanks Yellowdog! I have a better idea of where to start now! And I'll be sure to use the Price.line and HOTWIRE links from this page in my searches.

One last question.what list of amenities should I be looking for in the hopes of getting the Venetian? Or are there "giveaway" clues that tend to signal the Venetian? So far I know I should target 5-star, North Strip, and suites. What else?

Thanks again!

You can see all the hotels reported to the board, and their corresponding amenities, in the Las Vegas Hotwire Hotel List.

Once you confirm how many rooms you will need let us know and we'll try to assist further and/or confirm what you believe you may currently be seeing.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With HOTWIRE, if you search for more than 2 adults, you should get some form of bedding for the party - that may be 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed. HOTWIRE does have some listings with a "bed choice" option, but they're relatively rare. PRICELINE EXPRESS, on the other hand, shows bed choice with listings more often.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]