Hotwire Hotel: Need help for Chicago reservation. 9-17OCT

Looter
By Looter,
in

Hello to everybody.

I am going to Chicago to run the Marathon scheduled in three weeks and I need a room.

Never been to Chicago before , I am going as a runner and tourist.

Will need a triple room from October 9th till October 17th.

I have checked the prices at hotwire and they seem pretty high so i thought if it would be better to make a split.

Please also advice me in order to choose the best location as tourist.

I saw some good deals if i split to  9-12 , 12-17 but the hotel is located in McCormick which is not tourist attractive according to some posts read in the forum

HEEEEELLPPP :)

Thanks in advance.

Found the following hotwire deal :

OCT 9-17

Triple room

197$/night

75% recommended 

3.5-5 trip advisor

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Which one is this hotel?

What the h*** about the taxes in Chicago? 

16.4% for taxes is insane

My max budget per night is 210$ without taxes for a triple room.

Thanks

Please also keep us updated on your Priceline New York bidding.

For this Chicago stay, what would be your desired max price per night? If you are three people, I'd suggest either searching for three people on HOTWIRE or using PRICELINE EXPRESS and looking for a listing with bed choice and 2 beds as one of the options.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Edited to add: please confirm the zone of the Hot.wire listing above.

I'm seeing a 3.5* for $143 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly (Mag Mile N-Water Tower area)  This would be a possible match for the Hotel Indigo, which is in a great location in the Gold Coast area. There's a lot of restaurants and nightlife nearby and there's a subway station a couple of blocks away.

The first three nights are a lot more expensive - I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Mag Mile-River North area w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower for $239. That would likely be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. There is a subway station at the Merchandise Mart and the restaurants and nightlife of the River North area are a short walk away. Additionally, a lot of rooms at this property offer river view - this is an upgrade and no guarantees that you will get it, but you could try writing the hotel or asking at check-in. If you can't, there's a nice bar area by check-in that overlooks the river and city.

The results above were found searching for 3 people and the prices you see may vary slightly.

Let us know if you have any questions before booking.

3 nights x $239 = $717 + 5 nights x $143 = $715 = $1432/8 nights = $179 average per night.

Unfortunately, hotel taxes are very high in Chicago.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello AaronJB ,

First i would like to thank you for the time you spent writing all these info for my booking.

For the moment i guess that there are 2 options from HOT.WIRE :

1. Book the whole trip (9-17) @ hotel Warwick @ 197$ 

2. Split the trip (9-12) - (12-17) with average @ 180$

And the big question is if it worth the money to make the split or not.

I read that Warwick has tinny rooms but the hotel is 4* compares to the 3.5* of the split option.

Furthermore the location of Warwick is also good as i understand from traveller comments.

I searched for a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal from Priceline but the prices were higher :(

Any ideas??

Another time i was unlucky with Hotwire or Priceline despite the precious help and feedback received in this board.

I finally got the following deal from Skyscanner.

9-17OCT @ Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago Downtown - Lakefront (3,5*)

2 Room Suite with 2 double beds and breakfast included for triple use

Skyscanner price for room + breakfast @ 202$ per night which i think is pretty fair.

I hope next time to be more lucky.

Thanks again for reading this :)

Chris

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]