Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown West) Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park

Ingrid1
By Ingrid1,
in

Hallo,

this is our second stay in New York. My husband and I (59 and 57 years old) are from germany and my english is not so good, but I hope you can understand me.

My requirements for the hotel are as indicated below:

3,5 - 4 stars

near by subwaystation

near by restaurants, diners for breakfast

nice area, not so loud

Area: Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Union Square, Soho-Tribeca, Madison Square Garden, Lower East Side, Downtown Financial District, which area will be the best for us or can you tell me a hotel ?

I`m looking for a hotel with not so small rooms like The Hudson Hotel,CPS

Last year we was at the Uper West Side and it was very nice between Huson and Centralpark. It was the Newton Hotel but it was not so comfortable. Now I'm looking for a better hotel.

I'd like to use priceline name your own price, perhaps I get a better price like hotwire/priceline express deals. Is it right ?

Do you think it would be possible to find a 3 or 4-star hotel for about 120 $ + tax a night for March 12 to 19 ?

Should I start already now, should i wait until mid of February ?

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for my bad english.

I will use your PRICELINE/HOTWIRE link.

Best wishes from germany

Ingrid

Welcome to BetterBidding! (Ich verstehe Sie gut)

Are you sure about your zone choices as those are not typically the most frequently bid zones (some of them are not bid often at all) and most users generally find midtown locations to be a bit more convenient... but not sure how much you are looking for convenience vs. your desire to be in a quiet area.

I think you have a chance at something decent within your budget, but if you could increase another $10-$20/nite i think it opens up many more options for you.

Although not in one of the zones you listed, what appears to be the Ameritania Hotel is available for $135/nite... or i'm also seeing what looks like the Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel (3* rated in the Lower East Side but includes breakfast) at $138/nite.

Either of these of interest OR let us know regarding more about the zones and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good morning to NY,

thank you for your speedy answer. Here it is 17pm.

The reason is:

we are living in a little village here in germany.

We have start our day very relaxed in NY. First we had a cup of coffee in our hotel, than a walk trough centralpark or Hudson, than breakfast in a cafe to plan the next step.

Last year we sew:

Empire State Building

Times Square

High-Line

United Nations

Ground Zero

Rockefeller (TOR)

Yankee Stadion

Roosevelt Island Tramway

Brooklyn Bridge

and more

we used the metrocard and it was very easy for us

now our interests are: museum, concert, shopping, relaxed across NY, if you know what I mean.

And last but not least, I think in Midtown it is more expensive. Anyway, for us the zone is not so importend, we are open for all.

But I think you are right. If I chance from 120 $ + tax to 150 + tax, I get a good deal.

Thank you and have a nice day

Ingrid

So are you willing to increase your budget? What were your thoughts on the two properties in my previous post? Do you want to try to move forward and target either of these OR try bidding on PRICELINE? If bidding, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel (assuming still in your budget) OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better this this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

yes, I will increase and I will bidding on Priceline.

My thoughts about your previous post is, The Best Western is good but the environment is not my favorite. The Ameritania is good too.

I will bidding and will pay more for a higher rated hotel.

And yes, we are not the typical visitors. I can’t visit NY in one week and say: I know NY. This is impossible. So we are looking step by step, 2015 something and the rest 2016/17 and so on.

Now I’m looking for a nice area, nice and clean hotel with subway nearby.

Anyway I will observe Priceline and Hotwire Express Deals.

Regards

Ingrid

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no guessing as to the hotel you may receive, you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

Nobody can say if rates will come down between now and your stay, or move higher from here, but if you keep your bidding for a 4* in the $120-$140 area i don't think you would run too much risk of seeing rates head substantially lower (should they head lower instead of higher)

Let us know once you're ready to move forward and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Hallo,

what hotel is it please ?

Upper West Side, 4*, from March 12 - 19. 2015, Priceline.Express Deal

Outdoor-Pool, Pets allowed, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center

Guest Rating 7+

190 $ / Night

save 15 % or more

Perhaps I'm interest for the Junior Suite Double/Double 214 $/Night

Thank you

Ingrid1

Aaron thanks for your answer.

Now here is my next question:

March 12.-19.2015

Hotwire Secret

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area, 3 1/2 Stars

85% recommended

Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke free Rooms, Fitnessroom, Restaurants, Business, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel

185 $ / night, Hotwire total 1615,83 $

Perhaps Four Points Sheraton or Yotel Times Square ?

Thanks for your help

Ingrid

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method below is the amenity set i'm seeing for the 3.5* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> if this is what you're seeing, best guess for this property would be the Yotel Times Square.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

hi thereuare,

you are right with your guess: Hotel Yotel.

3½ Star Hotel in Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

March 12.-19.2015

3 1/2 Stars

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Rated 8 out of 10

Total Rate 1645,98

Is it the Element or Staybridge ?

Thanks Ingrid

Hi Aaron,

The Element is my absolut favorite.

What would it be like if I try to get it over Price.line name your own price ?

My favorite area are:

Madison Square Garden Convention

Midtown East

Empire State Building

I'm looking for 4*, (The Element 3,5*)

Perhaps you have a good strategy for me to get The Element. My budget is max. 230 incl. Tax&Fees

Thank you very much for your help

Regards from good old germany

Ingrid

There is no way to bid for a particular property. If you bid for a hotel at the same star rating in the same zone, you have to be willing to stay at any of the 3.5*'s in the zone. PRICELINE EXPRESS is an option where you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing and therefore be able to more likely get something you may like. 

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Aaron I have understood so far, thank you.

Priceline and hotwire are absolutely new to me. but by reading and your help I am learning more and more to. in march, it may still be cold and rainy. to me better decide which region would you recommend me. no more than 5 minutes to run subway and possibly cafe for breakfast near.

in a region so I am looking for a 4 star hotel up to max. § 230 per night. In the calendar of the winners in march 2013 at hotwire I saw prices for about $ 140. That would be perfect for me. These were posted in February. Such prices I can not find the date hereof. Do you recommend me to wait, what does your experience?

I do not trust to offer at priceline me, because I do not know in which hotel I will end up. I think it's better to stay at priceline or hotwire express secret deals for me. because you could help me with the identification.

I know that you too have no crystal ball to see into the future

Thanks Ingrid1

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip.

However, if one of the hotels you want for this trip (your favorite hotel) is currently offered within your budget, and at a discount to a conventionally booked room, then i would take it now. Besides the 'price' risk (of the price going down after you book OR you waiting and seeing the price go up) there is also 'inventory' risk, in the sense that maybe the hotel which you want disappears and is no longer seen for your dates.

If you do decide to book this thru HOTWIRE, you can book in whatever currency you'd like, but please make your purchase thru the US version of their site as follows:

Change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

here my next question:

Priceline Express

3* Upper East Side

192 $, save 20 %

Rated
8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed,Airport Shuttle,

Free Internet,  Fitness Center

March 12.-19.2014, $1,344.35

I never saw a hotel with airport-shuttle.

Any idea ? perhaps The Marmara ?

Thanks

Ingrid

good morning to NY,

at Priceline-Express I saw this hotel:

4 Star Hotel in Madison Square Garden - Convention Area, 212 $, save 30 % or more

Rated
8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Restaurant, Fitness Center,  Free Internet, Business Center

total: $1,477.21

can You help please to ID ?

thanks Ingrid 1

These amenities are common for NYC but the Tryp Times Square South has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

Earlier in this thread what was believed that the Element was offered for your dates and you replied that it was your "favorite"... why didn't you go for that one at the time? Are your plans firm and you're ready to commit to a purchase for March? Is there something in particular that you're looking for?

• 2 months later...

What is the star rating of this MTW property?

What is it that you are looking for from this stay, as i am seeing highly rated hotels for almost the same price than the one above. What is your maximum budget per nite? (before taxes/fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Sorry, it is 3*

I think it`s a good deal, free breakfast and free internet, rating 8+ for this price an a good area.

Have not found a comparable hotel.

Best area for us is: Upper West Side, Midtown West, Empire State, Madison Square and Central Park South (without Hudson Hotel).

We want to spend our money for something else and looking for a nice an inexpensive hotel in this areas.

In this time perhaps it is possible to get a hotel for max. 140 $ before tax/fees.

Thanks Ingrid

A property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, but the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North seems like a good fit, with the Ameritania and Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West being secondary guesses/possibilities as well.

Confirm your dates on the landing page, but with THIS LINK i'm currently seeing this property offered for $137/nite (which comes in below your target $140/nite budget).

Others within your budget:

I'm seeing:

3* hotel in the MTE which i'm guessing is the Roger Smith, for $135/nite.

4* Empire hotel for $137/nite (UWS zone)

3* UWS hotel for $141/nite with a 9.0+ user review rating (my guess would be the Hotel Lucerne)

4* MSG i'm guessing to be the Wyndham New Yorker for $143/nite

Any interest in the original property or any of the others listed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]