Priceline Hotel: Help with SFO 9/26 1 night 4*

djrobsd
By djrobsd,
in

So I've been using your site for the past 3 days to try and bag a hotel room in SFO.  I've been doing 4*, and starting with Moscone Center, but willing to stay pretty much in any of the 4* zones in SFO downtown, i.e. Financial District, Fishermans Wharf, etc.   I've been starting at 90 and moving up from there, adding all the zones, and then the free re-bid zones that don't have 4*.  I get up to $140 and I stop... 

Is it possible any more to bag a room in the downtown area for under $140, or are my expectations unrealistic at this point?  I stayed 6 months ago at the Westin for $90 bucks a night, and Hotel Nikko for $100 bucks, so I'm probably NOT grasping at straws, but who knows, maybe there is something big going on that weekend or prices have just been skyrocketing for SFO hotels (look the regular rates now seem to be in the 300-400 range for most 4* properties!).

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've been doing Priceline for years and have never had this much difficulty booking a room.  Since we're only going to be there for 2 days and 1 night, I really don't want to stay out in the fringes and spend a ton of time on the BART.. but maybe I might have to if nothing else pans out.  I can stay at a category 4 marriott for free with a coupon I have, but then I'm looking at Richmond, Dublin/Pleasanton, Fremont, or Oakland Airport courtyard, and all of those seem like they would be a good 1 hour trek into the city.  

I stayed 6 months ago at the Westin for $90 bucks a night, and Hotel Nikko for $100 bucks...

You were a member of the board at this time but no reported wins for you. :( It would be appreciated if you started to share your results with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain from the experience of others.

... willing to stay pretty much in any of the 4* zones in SFO downtown, i.e. Financial District, Fishermans Wharf, etc...

Please list all of the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you have included in your bidding and we will have a look at what is going on for the nite above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]