Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Jose (Milpitas) Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas

april8992
By april8992,
in

Hello, I've read through some of these topics on this area. Looks like the best chance for some of the Sunnyvale/San Jose area hotels are for weekends only. I'm open to Cupertino/Campbell, Mountain View and West San Jose, but don't really want to go further out than that.

For a long trip, any suggestions for bidding strategy? Is it different than a shorter trip? Less Choices? Would like a 2.5* or 3*. Prefer to stay under $800 total (80 total per night).

Your maximum bid equates to about a $68/nite bid price, which you can try, but i suspect it will take more than that for a 3* hotel (and likely for a 2.5* property as well)

To get started let's confirm a few things first...

1) did you first want to try for a 3* up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 2.5* hotel... or is the goal the least expensive 2.5* or better and you'd like to start at the 2.5* level?

2) did you want to try for the least expensive hotel in any of the FIVE zones above... OR did you first only want to bid for the Sunnyvale and San Jose zones, then if rejected, try while including the other three zones?

Let us know the information above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, my main goal is to get the nicest place possible in Sunnyvale. 3* would be nice but I think my budget would be more like 2.5* Next choices for area are Cupertino/Campbell, Mountain View and West San Jose.

I think in that case I would want to bid in Sunnyvale only for 3* up to my limit (starting at what?), then widen the search if that doesn't work out? What do you think?

So if you bid 3* Sunnyvale and are rejected, is the next play a 2.5* hotel in Sunnyvale or a 3* in the 'other' zones?

Also, you didn't include San Jose in the zones above, is this no longer an acceptable zone?

Please confirm the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... I'll include all of San Jose and add Milpitas and Santa Clara. South San Jose wouldn't be ideal, but the rest of the city would be fine.

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones (by PRICELINE name) that you are willing to accept, we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

When bidding in the San Jose region you have ONE re-bid zone at the 3 star level... no re-bid zones at the 2.5* level.

I would try as follows:

Select 3* Sunnyvale...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close the browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, San Jose, Milipitas, Mountain View...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Palo Alto...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Jose...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Milipitas...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Palo Alto...

Select 3* San Jose, Milipitas, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* San Jose, Milipitas, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Mountain View...

Select 3* San Jose, Milipitas, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Jose, Milipitas...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Jose, Palo Alto...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Milipitas, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Milipitas, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, San Jose...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Jose, Milipitas, Palo Alto...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected (likely) let us know and we'll revise to try for a 2.5 star property.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]