Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Doubletree Metropolitan

dlehr99
By dlehr99,
in

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread - thanks.

Is this under PRICELINE bidding or PRICELINE EXPRESS? If bidding, there is no way to narrow down what hotel may be showing, as the guaranteed amenities mean that any of the potential pool of properties at that star rating in that zone for those dates have those amenities.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back and still looking for a deal. Two nights 10/25-10/26. As for plans I will be celebrating my 21st birthday there so I am looking to be near some cool nightlife. Not looking for super high-end clubs, but I'd like to do something more than your standard bar. Also considering a Broadway play on 10/26. I need to be at the NYSE 10/27 for opening bell. I really would like to keep it less than $225/night after T&F. Maybe I should consider bidding? Hope you can help!

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Chelsea zone for $200/nite with:

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... my guess for this property would be the Hilton Fashion District.

This would put you in the very 'happening' area of Chelsea, good subway access nearby to get to other points of the city, and on Monday morning you can take the '2' train to Wall St which leaves you 2 blocks from the NYSE.

Does this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes OR how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That really is a good suggestion. I noticed a hotel on priceline for $214 in the same area and guessed it was probably the same hotel. I also saw that it was on the list of hotels you can bid on. I gave it a shot at $135, $145, and $150. Unsurprisingly with no luck. Would it be possible to develop a bidding plan like I have seen on other posts? I would definitely like it to be conducive to the activities I posted previously but other than that I don't care much where it is. I just want to get a good deal!! 

If you list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept, as well as your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow... currently i'm not sure which zones are acceptable since your 'birthday celebratory' needs will likely have you in a different area than your Monday morning NYSE needs, so not sure what criteria is most important to you for this stay.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My birthday celebratory needs are probably more important :p 

I'm willing to accept: 

Chelsea

Madison Square Garden

Empire State Building Area

Midtown East

Times Square

Hells Kitchen

Midtown West

Central Park South

Union Square

I'm willing to pay up to $225/nite after taxes and fees but I'd like to get a 4*. These seem like the areas closest to the party scene. If i'm incorrect or there are others that also have a good nightlife I'm open to anything.

It's NYC so you can find a bar or something else to do in most areas, and if you're looking for something different you can likely be there in 5-10 minutes via taxi or subway, so i wouldn't be too concerned about how close your hotel is to a 'party scene' and try to focus more on a centralized location for all your plans over the two days. Some comments about the zones area below:

In terms of location i will comment about each:

Chelsea - can be a 10 minute walk to the subway and a 'hot' area right now with a lot of clubs, bars, restaurants, cafes, etc.

Madison Square Garden - a few bars near Madison Square Garden but close to and an easy walk to Chelsea

Empire State Building Area - well located although not the most nightlife near Empire State Building itself but on the east side of the zone on Third Ave there are quite a few sports bars, restaurants, and Irish pubs

Midtown East - some hotels can be up to a 10-15 minute walk to the subway

Times Square - centrally located but more chain restaurants than 'local' NY flavor

Hells Kitchen - a bit isolated

Midtown West - should be fine

Central Park South - well located but has the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms. May not be an issue if you're traveling alone or don't care about the room size.

Union Square - NYC has housing near here so lots of places that serve the college crowd

Of the zones you mentioned i'd be 'cautious' of MTE, HK, and CPS for the reasons mentioned above which may or may not be an issue for you (and the others i think should work well for your needs, although the other three may work well too based upon your needs/preferences (ie- don't avoid the three just upon my comments, think about whether the reason(s) indicated are an issue for you or not))

Confirm which zone(s) you'd like to bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow up to $190/nite bid price

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea, TS, ESB, MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, MTW, Union Square...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, TS, MTW, MTE...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, Union Square...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, TS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, MTW...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, Union Square...

Select 4* TS, MTW, Chelsea, MSG, ESB...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS, MTW, Chelsea, MSG, MTE...

Select 4* TS, MTW, Chelsea, MSG, Union Square...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, TS, MTW...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, TS, Union Square...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, Union Square, Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, Union Square, Chelsea, MSG, ESB, TS...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MSG, ESB, MTE, TS, MTW, Union Square...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185

If the above is rejected, PRICELINE EXPRESS has THIS 4 STAR HOTEL in the ESB zone for $185/nite (only showing PETS ALLOWED amenity) and you can take that as your best deal.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct... but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

Good luck and let us know how the bidding goes.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice result for this D'tree property. Hope the hotel will work well for your travel plans. 

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your Hot.wire account (click "My Account" in the upper corner of Hot.wire.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]