Hotwire Hotel: Figuring out hotel

missneek00
By missneek00,
in

Can someone help me in figuring out what hotel is this list from the hotwire website?

Secaucus-Meadowlands, NJ 2 1/2 stars September 26-28th.  Amenities: Free parking breakfast and internet, pet friendly, indoor poolsfitness center, pools and self service laundy.

Also, if I choose to book it, do I book it for the price that is listed or offer a cheaper bid?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method below is what i'm seeing for the 2.5* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area.

Does this work for your needs this trip? If not, i'm very familiar with this area so if you tell us more about your needs for this stay we can try to be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.  I followed the instructions that you gave me and yes they were the exact amenities that I originally listed.  I previously stayed at LaQuinta Inn in the past which would be perfect, however it's a little to pricey this time around.  I would however another hotel along that strip where LaQuinta Inn is located so if Extended stay America is your best guess that would probably work.  I was looking for something with complimentary breakfast (would be a plus but not mandatory) and parking (mandatory). What are your thoughts on Extended Stay?

If you look closely, the amenity set i listed included an INTERNET ACCESS (Hi-Speed Internet) amenity in addition to the Free Internet amenity already listed, which is missing from your list (it only shows using the method indicated above)

Whether to take this offer or bid on PRICELINE depends upon whether you are trying to target this property specifically OR are willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take a guess as to the property offered and know a little more about the hotel before purchase (amenities, reviews, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or if you go for the above how it goes) or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the method that you stated "biddinghelper," then the green link, these are the amenities listed.  I'm not seeing the high speed internet.

Cut and Paste:  111.00

USD
per room per night*
Continue
Secaucus - Meadowlands
Amenities Include: Free Breakfast, Free Parking, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center and more...

FULL AMENITIES
click here
FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

I'm assuming that any hotel along that strip would be ok for travel into New York, however I'd prefer Laquinta inn just based on familiarity.  But I absolutely do not want to end up on the North Bergen side.  I stayed at the Comfort Inn North Bergen and felt that travel into the city was a little more difficult.

I also noticed that when I did the search earlier it was listed at $132 now listed as $111, would your guess still be Extended Stay?

Using the method that you stated "biddinghelper," then the green link, these are the amenities listed.  I'm not seeing the high speed internet.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

Note that this listing includes 'Internet Access' (in addition to Free Internet... your initial post does not)

I'm assuming that any hotel along that strip would be ok for travel into New York... But I absolutely do not want to end up on the North Bergen side.

Not necessarily, there are a few properties that are not that easily accessible to mass transit (at least not without a car).

But I absolutely do not want to end up on the North Bergen side.

While we can take a guess as to the hotel(s) offered (and our guesses are usually pretty good!), remember that you can end up anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone(s) you select.

I also noticed that when I did the search earlier it was listed at $132 now listed as $111, would your guess still be Extended Stay?

If the amenity set is the same then i'd keep my guess with the ESA... but i'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching for your dates.

Is there anywhere in NYC specifically Manhattan that I can stay for roughly $150/night September 26-28 that also has parking (doesn't have to be free parking)?

We have merged your two threads, please keep all posts for the same trip in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the "ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" button on the lower right corner of this page and the thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board... you can see AaronJB's response above, but i will add to this that unless you have mobility issues, you can almost always get parking in NYC for less than the hotel you are staying in charges... $30-$35/day (thru private lots) vs. the $45-$65 (charged by the hotel).

Thanks guys.  No mobility issues and just driving in to NYC from Baltimore for the weekend and parking is kind of a big deal to me. Didn't want to spend a fortune on hotel stay considering I already have a Vegas vacation coming up NYE.  Already done the touristy thing on both previous NYC trips.  This time I plan to go to the Global citizens festival in Central park on the 27th and hang out at a few lounges either in Manhattan or the surrounding boroughs. 

These were the amenities listed. 85% recommended. $132/night

Free Parking Free Breakfast Free Internet Pet friendly Indoor pool(s) Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s) Self service laundry

Please include the star rating and zone in each post as we read a lot of posts every day and it makes it easier to quickly see the parameters of the offer... as well as use the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW to see all the amenities, which i believe are:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Laundry

Internet Access

--> i'll keep my best guess for this 2.5* in the Secaucus zone as the Extended Stay America - Secaucus

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]