Priceline Hotel: 4* Berlin (East) Winters Hotel Berlin Mitte Am Checkpoint Charlie

PPhloyd
By PPhloyd,
in

Hello,

I was wondering if you might have an ID for a 4-star hotel in Berlin (Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz), between 09/25 and 09/28 (3 nights).

Started my search using the HOTWIRE link from this forum. I did explore PRICE.LINE as well.

Hotwire rate is $144/night. This hotel charges a 5% resort fee in addition.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

I can't see any more amenities even after the "Book Now" link.

Trip Advisor Rating: 4 out of 5.0

Hotwire Customer reviews 75% recommended (5 reviews)

My guess is this is either the Winters Hotel Berlin Mitte or the Winters Hotel Gendarmenmarkt.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers!

PPhloyd

Please use the EASY VIEW tab in our BiddingHelper.com tool to ensure you're seeing the complete set of amenities. Using this method i'm seeing for the following for the 4* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Hi-Speed Internet

If this is what you're seeing, a property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, and with only 5 reviews from previous HOTWIRE guests, i suspect it's a new hotel recently added to their system. The Winters Hotel Gendarmenmarkt Berlin Stadtmitte, Winters Hotel Berlin Mitt, and the Mondrian Suites Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie would all be possible candidates among the possibilities, but with so few amenities showing (and common ones for a 4* hotel in this area), it's difficult to have too much confidence in any guess and could certainly be something else.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- please follow-up your previous Hotwire Istanbul thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On a whim, I put in a bid on Price.line (starting with the link from here, of course), and was accepted at $100 for this hotel.

I had 3 total bids (all $100):

Bid 1: 5* - Tiergarten - Kufuerstendamm ($100)

Bid 2: Added East Zone ($100)

Bid 3: Added 4* level ($100)

Total cost for 3 nights with taxes and fees is $342.93

The (likely) Hotwire rate would have been $126/night before taxes, according to what I see currently in the BiddingHelper for Berlin.

The opaque rate for this hotel on Hotels.com as of right now is $176/night - for a total cost of $591.83 (Based on this rate, a total savings of almost $250!)

Overall, quite pleased with the location and the savings for this win. Looking forward to some Oktoberfest-like beer and atmosphere!

Thank you for the help and input!

Cheers!

PPhloyd

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]