Priceline Hotel: Brooklyn trip

dancooke
By dancooke,
in

I'm looking for bidding advice for a trip to New York for the dates 11 Dec 14 - 17 Dec 14. I have a wedding to attend in Brooklyn so somewhere near there would be best. I'd ideally like a 4 star hotel.

I have tried up to $95 per night so far with no luck. Am I way off the mark? Would it be better to keep trying now or wait until closer to the dates?

Thanks!

Dan

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

What would be your desired max bid per night for this stay? I would continue trying higher little-by-little from your last failed bid, but I do think - based on the rates I'm seeing - a 4* in Brooklyn is likely going to take more around the $135-150 area.

I do see a 3.5* on Hot.wire in Brooklyn for these dates for $112 w/Boutique, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, so at least you'd get free breakfast as an added value every day. While not a 4*, would this option be of any interest? You may see a slightly different price than $112.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would prefer a 4* as I'd like access to a fitness centre. I can't see the 3.5* you reference anyway; the only 3.5* Brooklyn boutique hotel I can see is $232 p/n.

I see a 4* hotel in the Brooklyn area on Hotwire for $197 p/n. I'm guessing this is the Sheraton. I'd be willing to go to about $150 p/n for a 4* in Brooklyn.

Do you know if the the 4* hotels would include breakfast?

Many thanks (I will be sure to use your links)! 

Generally speaking, most 4* hotels in the US don't include breakfast, this is an amenity that is typically seen at the lower rated star levels. However, in NYC you can usually find fairly inexpensive breakfast nearby separate from your hotel.

If you want to try bidding for a 4* hotel, you have TWO re-bid zones when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Brooklyn...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected and you want to consider the 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel i think the hotel referenced above is likely the Hotel BPM (if you don't see it on your own search thru BiddingHelper.com let us know and we can supply a link to the offer). You can try THIS LINK but it will expire 30 minutes after i post it so may no longer by valid by the time you see this reply)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you make out and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. Sorry, another question...

Is it advisable to make separate bids for different days of the week, given that weekend rates tend to be higher? e.g. if I'm staying Thursday - Thursday, to try bidding say $150p/n for the Thursday - Monday, and then $130p/n for Monday - Thursday?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]