Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Conrad New York

Ajasmineflower
By Ajasmineflower,
in

a 4.5* in FD on priceline for $259

amenitiies: Restaurant, Fitness Center, Free Internet, Business Center

Is this most likely the W Hotel in FD?

a 4.5* in FD on Hotwire for $260

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center,

Self service laundry, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf,

Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Also the W Hotel in FD?

Did have a random question. Are Priceline Express and Priceline Bidding connected? meaning, If Priceline Express does not show a 5* hotel in FD, but, I go and try to bid on a 5* in FD in Priceline Bidding then it will be pointless? (I tried going up to $300 for a 5* in FD oct 17-20) no avail.

They are two different parts of the service - in other words, if you do not see a 5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS that doesn't necessarily mean that one can't be won under bidding (and if there is a particular 5* hotel showing on PRICELINE EXPRESS, that doesn't necessarily mean that that is the hotel you win if you bid.

Im seeing a different 4.5* in the FD area on HOTWIRE when searching for 2 people for these dates - are you still seeing the above listing? If so, how many people are you searching for? For the 4.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS listing, that listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the W would certainly be a primary possibility.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I already won on Priceline the 5* in FD from Oct 16-17 for $306

(by the way, I am 99% sure it is the Conrad since there are only 2 hotels in FD that are 5*)

I really wish to book my stay with The Conrad but they are completely sold out on their website. PRICELINE EXPRESS deals did not have any dates available either.

Now I do see it for an extreme price..and I do not know what to do or how to make sense of it.

Oct 17-18 None

Oct 17-19 None

Oct 17-20 $425 a night

Oct 18-19 None

Oct 18-20 $422 a night

Oct 19-20 $297 a night

So, I can not break up the days in order to pay less and take advantage of the $297 deal.

What do I do?

Please keep all posts for the same stay/dates in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to provide the details of your purchase and the entire thread will be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary)

As far as your dilemma above, it's easily explainable, although i don't think there is much you'll be able to do about it.

The solo Sunday nite is cheap (on a relative basis) as this is the slowest nite of the week for hotels in NYC so it makes sense that the hotel is cheaper on this nite than all of the others.

As far as the hotel appearing for the longer date ranges, consider this scenario... the hotel is somewhat busy for the nite of 10/18 so they can be a bit 'choosey', and require a 2 nite minimum stay for any dates which include this nite. This would explain the availability/no availability for each of the date ranges above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Got the Executive room- a 700 square feet upgraded room.

This was done through Priceline express (sometimes has room options and their price availabe).

Although, there were misconceptions regarding the room. Hotel had promised river view executive suite, only to arrive there and be told that it does not exist. Ended up staying at a regular room eventhough I paid a much higher price for the executive suite.

Hotel said they could not reimburse me since it was done through priceline. And, ofcourse, priceline could not fix it because it was the hotels mistake.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]