Priceline Hotel: NYC - Oct 13 to 16

a_le
By a_le,
in

Hi there! I hope all you experts can assist me with a few questions.

So my partner and I would like to travel to NYC during Oct 13 to 16 and was looking for a hotel room within the area. This will be our first time visiting the city (not tour guided) and we would like a safe and comfortable place to stay for our trip.

We would like to stay as close to Times Square as possible but are open to other suggestions (Midtown East being a cheaper alternative?)

Also, would a budget of $150-200 per night be possible?

Thanks for all your help!

Generally speaking the following are all considered to be convenient and well located for most users, with the following caveats where indicated:

MTE - most hotels are well located, but a few can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, and one that can be up to a 15 minute walk

MTW

TS

CPS - well located but has notoriously small rooms, even by NYC standards

MSG

ESB

Chelsea - can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, but is a 'hot' area right now with lots of bars, clubs, boutiques, cafes, restaurants, etc. that still makes it quite desireable

Let us know your thoughts as to which zones would be acceptable and we will advise accordingly.

Also, currently PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3* hotel in the ESB zone for $187/nite (Pets Allowed the only amenity... the Jolly Hotel Madison Towers would be my best guess for this one). Assuming this zone is acceptable, do you want to simply take this offer OR should we lower your maximum bid down to $185/nite (so if rejected you can then take this $187/nite deal)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As of right now Priceline Express has as 3* in Central Park South for $187/night. Only amenity is "pets allowed' so by looking at the list, this would PROBABLY be the Nh Jolly Madison Towers.

Not much else anywhere for less than $200/night in the city. Consider venturing to Newark/Harrison (NJ) or Secaucus. Both have easy access to NYC. I'd lean towards staying in Secaucus as it's more a "business" area with a lot more to do/eat than Newark (and probably safer!)

As you have never been to NYC before i'd suggest trying to stay directly in the city... you do lose a bit of flexibility (ability to return to the hotel during the day to rest, freshen-up before dinner, drop off bags/things you've bought during the day, etc, etc) and the 'buzz'/feel of the city vs. staying directly in Manhattan.

Are you flying in, taking the train, or will you have a car? The airport zone is generally not recommended as a 'NYC-substitute' (easier with a car but still not that convenient and parking (even at train stations) can add up quick)... Secacus can work but if you don't have a car (and are flying in) getting there to/from the airport is either inconvenient or expensive.

HOWEVER, i think the bigger aspect is that it's your first time in NYC and you will have a much better experience staying directly in the city.

I'm local to and familiar with the area so let us know your thoughts/questions and we'll try to help you find the best deal for your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the replies!

We'd like to avoid staying in NJ only because of the commute time; We're either flying or bussing to NYC.

I took a look at the Priceline map and would be okay with a hotel in:

TS, MTW, ESB, CPS

We're open to MTE and Chelsea as well but you mentioned the 10min walk to the subway, not bad but not preferable either.

We're open to MTE and Chelsea as well but you mentioned the 10min walk to the subway, not bad but not preferable either.

Should we include these in a bidding strategy with the other 4 zones or leave them out for now?

What star rating and maximum bid did you want to start with?

There are no re-bid zones when bidding 3* in NYC, but you can try bidding as follows:

Select 3* TS...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* ESB...

Select 3* CPS...

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS and CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and ESB...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, CPS...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB, CPS...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]