Hotwire Hotel: 5* Paris (Saint Germain des Pres - Jardin du Luxembourg) Hotel Bel Ami

spainflyer
By spainflyer,
in

Please include the date(s) of your stay and we will have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- and if you recall, or if still available thru the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page, can you please follow-up your previous Boston Hotwire thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare -- you are right!  I did use Hotwire in June, 2011 for a stay at the Sheraton Boston (the big convention hotel in Dalton Street) for six nights, at $120 per night.  If I am not mistaken, this hotel used to be listed as 3.5 stars, and the Sheraton and the Hilton across the street were the only 3.5 stars in this area, making bidding safe.  But the Sheraton is now 4 stars, meaning you might get the Copley Square Hotel (I have, but on Priceline NYOP), an older establishment with very small, but re-furbished rooms.  All of the other 4-stars in the Copley Square - Back Bay area are just fine.  

Could this hotel be the Bel Ami?  On BiddingHelper ("Other" column) it is the only 5* listed in the Saint Germain - Luxembourg area.  The rates on the hotel web site are € 216 for advance purchase, €230 for online promotion, and €270 for "best available rate."   The US Hotwire site is showing $198 and the UK site is showing 179 Euros.  

We may be getting close.  This from a request below (ID Priceline Express - Paris - Aug 23 - 27) and a reply from AaronJB who, with over 70,000 posts, looks like he knows what he is talking about!  

"5* in Saint Germain des Prés - Jardin du Luxembourg area
90% Recommended
Amenities: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center,  Spa Services
Price $253 CAD
"
Are you also seeing accessible path of travel when clicking on the listing? Please provide all amenities - including accessible amenities - when posting.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - the Hotel Bel Ami or a new amenity set for the Hotel Montelambert would be guesses.

Yes, "Accessible path of travel" is also among the amenities.

Any further ideas?

PS- and if you recall, or if still available thru the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page, can you please follow-up your previous Boston Hotwire thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Thereuare -- you are right!  I did use Hotwire in June, 2011 for a stay at the Sheraton Boston...

Can you please add the details of your purchase in a reply to your Boston Hotel thread as nobody reading that thread in the future will know to look here to learn of your decision. As well, using the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button at the bottom of that page will also enable that win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins for when others use that tool for year-over-year price comparisons.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately i don't have any additional insight into this 5* St. Germain property.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Thanks, Thereuare -- It looks to me like AaronJB's guess is the best we are going to do:

"This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - the Hotel Bel Ami or a new amenity set for the Hotel Montelambert would be guesses."

Both are nice 5*s with small rooms in great locations.  I expect I will go for it on Hotwire in the next couple of days, and will post results here.

Thanks again!!

Amenities listed on Hotwire:  Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Spa Services, Accessible path of travel.  I booked six weeks out because the price on Hotwire rose from $204 to $242 over the course of a few days.  Small hotel and probably few rooms for Hotwire users.  Curiously, neither Priceline NYOP nor Priceline Express lists a 5-star in this area.  

Total price was $242 / night.  Hotwire price was $215 plus "tax recovery charges and fees"  Sorry for any confusion.  Thereuare, I tried to edit this but was unable to change the price.  Please feel free to do so if it more accurately reflects BetterBidding's criteria.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was one of the hotels you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]