Priceline Hotel: ID a 5 Star Hotel in Athens, Greece for April 23-27, 2015.

PriceLuck
By PriceLuck,
in

I'm looking for a 5 Star Hotel in Athens, Greece for April 23-27, 2015.

Hotwire has one listed at a 71% reduction from $326 to $95 per night in the Acropolis area.

It also advises that there is a 75% approval rating.

It lists the following amenities.

Free Internet
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Business Center
Wheelchair accessible

Does anyone know which hotel this would be?

Thank you.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. I'd guess the Divani Palace Acropolis would be a possibility here, but that's definitely just a guess and it very well may be something else.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm looking for a 5 Star Hotel in Athens, Greece for April 23-27, 2015.

Hotwire has one listed at $95 per night in the Acropolis area.

It lists the following amenities.

Free Internet
Fitness Center
Pool(s)
Business Center
Wheelchair accessible

Does anyone know which hotel this would be?

Does anyone have suggestions for a better deal by bidding on Priceline, and what 5 star hotels would be the likely Priceline deals?

Thank you.

f you look at the Hotel Lists (Priceline), you can see the 5* hotels other members have reported here.  Of course it is always possible to get a different hotel not yet reported (speaking from experience, too).

Regarding bidding, if you are willing to accept any 5* hotel with in the zone(s) you are bidding, you can simply start somewhat lower than the $95 Hotwire offer level and work gradually up.  Do take a good look at the Priceline zone map to be sure the full area is acceptable to you.

Finally, Hot.wire can be a little more generous with stars than Price.line - maybe 1/2 a star - so the 5* on Hotwire could be a 4.5* on Priceline.  This varies, as there are examples of the same star level and even some of a full star level difference.  

Romelle

Does anyone have suggestions for a better deal by bidding on Priceline, and what 5 star hotels would be the likely Priceline deals?

My guess for the 5* HOTWIRE property above would be the Divani Palace Acropolis or the Royal Olympic Hotel.

What is more important to you for this stay... the lowest price, or having a guess as to the hotel offered before your purchase?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like I posted the same thing twice on this string when I meant to put one under Hotwire and one under Priceline on this board.

The responses are helpful.

I'm mainly looking to identify this five star hotel before purchase since this listed price of $95 for any 5 star does seem to be a reasonable price.

Of course, if I can both identify the likely property and then still try to get a lower price on Priceline I have also done that in the past as well.

I appreciate your assistance and comments.

It looks like I posted the same thing twice on this string when I meant to put one under Hotwire and one under Priceline on this board.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Of course, if I can both identify the likely property and then still try to get a lower price on Priceline I have also done that in the past as well.

Price.line and PRICELINE EXPRESS use different set of hotels. So there's no guarantee that you'll get the same hotels as the ID'd one.

Let us know how you want to proceed

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

If your intention, regardless of the hotels currently offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE, is to try bidding on PRICELINE, why don't we start there with a bidding strategy... then if your bids are rejected take the time to try to research the offers above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]