Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Beacon Hill) Onyx, a Kimpton Hotel

strawberryyogurt
By strawberryyogurt,
in

Needed a hotel room near North Station, so I bid on 4-star hotels in the Beacon Hill zone. Priceline accepted my 10th bid (started at $80 and increased my bid by $10 each time I added a free rebid zone). Only did additive bidding (A, A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D, etc.); for my first foray into Priceline, I decided to just keep things simple. Bids were placed on August 24, 2014. Taxes and fees came out to $33.30.

Not a huge savings, but considering that the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Boston Garden was asking $171 or $181 a night when I was looking into booking a hotel room more than a week ago, I wanted to see if I could get a higher-quality hotel for the same price before I shelled out that much for a Holiday Inn Express. Even with the taxes and fees, the final price comes out to less than the rate the Onyx Hotel was charging on its site--$239 a night when I last looked.

Congrats on your success. :)

Really nice deal for this Kimpton property, which has been rarely seen as a win. Plus, free wine social hour at night. Their rewards program - now called Kimpton Karma - is worth signing up for. You may not get anything because of booking through through a discount service, but it's free to sign up for and at the very least you may get free wifi.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]