Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Conrad New York

Ajasmineflower
By Ajasmineflower,
in

Help ID 4* long island city hotel in Hot Rates

I found it through a RateDrop.com notification, its not on their regular website hot rates search.

I'm thinking its most likely the Z hotel New York. Im worried about the bed option since it does not leave me a choice. A friend and I will be sharing the room, sleeping in a twin bed together would be very uncomfortable, if not impossible.

For help with this property please include the full details of the search... star rating, zone, dates, room rate per nite, and full list of amenities associated with the property.

If the offer is not in the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com, you'll need to:

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Help ID a 5* hotel (FD)

I am looking for a stay for Thursday Oct 16-Monday Oct 20 (i was actually hoping to add wednesday (oct 15) to it but it seems to drastically higher the prices. The prices have dropped and went up again, right now it says $250 but I'm counting that as we approach closer to october the prices will lower? no? any tips?

The amenties are:

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

Help ID a 4* (FD)

I am looking for a stay for Thursday Oct 16-Monday Oct 20 (i was actually hoping to add wednesday (oct 15) to it but it seems to drastically higher the prices. The prices have dropped and went up again, right now it says $210 but I'm counting that as we approach closer to october the prices will lower?

amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Long Island City thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

For your upcoming stay. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Will be attending a event from October 17-19 and looking to spend a day or two outside of those 3 days to enjoy the city. The dates are a bit flexible depending on the prices. I prefer staying at a 4* or 5* in Manhattan. Would consider Brooklyn only if its right by Brooklyn bridge. I've stayed at the Conrad 2x with priceline express once and hotwire hot rates the second time. I really enjoyed that it was spacious, quiet, and near the water. Not in the middle of the city life.

Prices for a 5* in Financial District are at a rocketing $320 right now.

Was hoping to stay below $200/night . Is that rational? Any suggestions?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of this page to report the details of your purchase and the entire thread will automatically be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

If you're still interested in the original 5* HOTWIRE property i believe this is the full amenity set:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if so best guess here would be the Conrad New York.

Best guess for the 4* property would be the Doubletree Financial District.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping to get some bidding help. Would enjoy staying in the financial District.

I tried bidding yesterday: Oct 16-20  5* started at $150, ended at $172. no win

Closed browser and changed the date to Oct 17-20 5* started at $160, ended at 178. still no win.

will try again tonight.

(the areas I tried adding to by bidding were: Brooklyn, Chelsea, Hell's kitchen, Long island city, madison square garden,midtwon west, morning side heights,queensboro,union square, upper west side) all those did not have 5* hotels - aiding in my bid for a 5* hotel in FD

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. this is my understanding of how to bid:

(first I checked which areas did not have a 5* hotel available  10/16-10/20 and made note)

5* FD and brooklyn $160

5* FD,Brooklyn, Chelsea $162

5* FD, Brooklyn, Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen $165

5*  (all the previously mentioned areas in previous reply) $178

closed browser, restarted again with different dates.

still no avail...and when I tried to rebid again tonight (24 hrs later) I kept getting this message:

"Try again right now

We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ###-###-###-##."

We'd be happy to try your request again if you can do any one of the following:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

If you can change any of these items, you can also name a new price. If you are unable to change your request as indicated above, you will need to wait at least 24 hours from the time you made your original offer to try again.

At current rates i don't think you're in the right ballpark for 5* bidding...

I think you're likely looking in the following rates:

5 star: ~$300/nite

4.5 star: $225-$250/nite

4 star: $190-$210

Let us know what star rating you'd like to try for, along with your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

When checking the Express deals last night the amount for a 5* in FD had gone down to $259 and in hot rates it was $261

But today it has gone back up.to $320 (should I be depending on these prices when I am bidding? especially when they have gone down)

I would not mind a 4* - just worried about a really cramped dark room like the doubletree hotel. so, I figured if I stick to a 5* I would not have that problem.

I prefer to stay below $200 but will go up to $230 for a 5*.

Thanks again for your help!

When bidding 5* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Financial-Downtown...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $228, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for the help!

was wondering, what hotel do you think the 4.5* $259 hotel would be on priceline?

guest Score: Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities: 

Free Internet in room
    Restaurant

Business Center
    Fitness Center

I'm thinking: the W New York

how about the one on hotwire? 4.5* $261

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

I prefer to stay below $200 but will go up to $230 for a 5*.

Have you tried the 5* bidding above up to $230?

Given your stated budget of $230 for a 5* hotel, are you currently willing to pay $259/nite for a 4.5* hotel thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or $261 for a 4.5* hotel thru HOTWIRE?

I asked to ID the 4.5* hotels in case the price for a 5* does not lower. Also, that way I have more options open. If the 4.5 * hotels are possibly ones I like I can add them to my watch list and grab them if I catch the price having lowered.

(last time I had seen a 5* hotel continueosly posting for $235, I knew it would most likely be a hotel I like, The Conrad, so I checked the 5* express deal amount daily. Behold, around 4 am one day it had gone down to $188. I grabbed it right away)

hoping to do the same if my bidding does not work. To see if the 4.5 * hotels would be ones I liked, and if so, watch the price for 4.5* deals and grab it if it goes much lower)

Sorry for not clarifying so before!

I asked to ID the 4.5* hotels in case the price for a 5* does not lower.

Still not clear... have you tried the 5* bidding?

If the hotels in question drop to your purchase price range we will try to identify them at that time. Researching hotels can be a time consuming process that in order to try to answer everyone in a timely manner we only research hotels that are within budget and ready for purchase, as the hotels currently offered may never drop on price or may not be the hotels offered once you're ready to pay the price currently offered.

Thanks.

I was unable to win a 5* hotel in FD for oct 16-20

I don't even see any 5* available at either website :(

I hope it might be because it is the weekend or that some reservations will get cancelled and they will have even better deals than before! (wishful thinking?)

So, my next step would be betting for a 4.5* in FD since it seems like hotels in other areas are either absurdly small or have small windows somewhere in a distance from the bed.

Or am I missing any possible ones that have good lighting/ windows and look spacious? (The Bentley-junior suite was one I liked, The Conrad-river view)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]