Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2014

coolcanuck67
By coolcanuck67,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Note that Sunday is the NYC Marathon, and with lots of runners coming to NYC for the race (or to support those who they know are running), so this will likely be a fairly busy weekend.

Is the Time Square zone the only zone you're willing to accept for this stay? What is your maximum budget (per nite) for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your budget shoudln't be an issue, and if you want to stay in Times Square you should be able to get something in there in the $300-$325 range... but something in the MTW zone could likely be had in the $225-$250 area.

Other popular zones include MSG, Chelsea, ESB (and i'll leave out MTE and CPS for the moment since i don't think your budget will be an issue for your first choice(s) of zones and there is a specific issue for these zones for these dates)

Do you want to bid high for Times Square Only or is MTW also acceptable to save some money? Do you want to try for even less by including MSG, Chelsea and/or ESB OR stick with only TS and MTW up to $250/nite?

Let us know your thoughts (or any questions you may have) and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello. We are travelling with another couple and we have never been to New York. We have broadway tickets for Saturday night and the rest of our time we plan to go on the subway, see Rockefeller Center, Little Italy, and whatever else. I'd like a central location, but to be honest would prefer to get a higher rated hotel at a better price than an average hotel in a higher priced location... we do like nice hotels, new or older style. On Sunday, we depart from Penn Station to Philladelphia at 5pm. Not sure if that matters but we'll likely need to store luggage for the day and pick it up later. Hope that all made sense.

Sorry - to answer your question MTW would suit us just fine

I am seeing on HOTWIRE in the MTC zone what i believe to be The Jewel Hotel (upgraded to the 4* level since the last time it was reported to the board) for $275/nite:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

... this property also shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so should my guess be wrong (but i feel pretty good about the accuracy of this guess), you're still assured of a pleasant experience. This would be an excellent location for getting around the city, albeit a bit 'touristy'.

Only 'issue' is that the hotel can be purchased directly HERE (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $300/nite... so not a huge savings.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the MTW zone for $246/nite with:

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

... i believe this too may be The Jewel, so an opportunity to get this a bit cheaper, although i due to the limited amenities i don't have as much confidence in this guess. (but this does show a 8.0 or better user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests, so again, should at least be a 'very good' hotel should it be something different)

Another option is a 4* in the Chelsea zone on HOTWIRE for $291/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... again an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating, my best guess for this one would be the Eventi.

Thoughts/questions/comments if any of the above would work for your plans?

...none of the rooms have king sized beds, which we'd like to have.

Unless you choose a PRICELINE EXPRESS property that offers a 'Bed Choice', and one of the choices is an option with a King size bed, there is no way to guarantee that you'll receive a room with a King size bed.

Is this a must have or a want?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

The issue with Hot.wire and Price.line is that there is no way to guarantee bed type. That's a bigger issue in NYC, where rooms are small and king bed is often - when available - an upgrade (and the hotel may not offer the option to upgrade.) The only option in terms of discount services would be to look at PRICELINE EXPRESS and look for a listing with "bed choice", and to see if king is listed as an option. If searching for your dates, are you seeing any listings with king as option? If so, please provide the star rating, zone and amenities showing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

All with bed choices on PRICELINE EXPRESS - searched Chelsea, Midtown West and Times Square

Times Square $448

Star Rating:   4.5
Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities:
Free Internet in room
Restaurant
Business Center
Fitness Center

--------------------

Midtown West $351

Star Rating:  4.5
Guaranteed Amenities:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center

----------------------

CHelsea $243

Star Rating:   4
Guaranteed Amenities:
Restaurant
Business Center

--------------------------------------

$272 Midtown west

Guaranteed Amenities:
Restaurant
Business Center

Fitness Center

See my best guess/comments below:

Times Square $448

Star Rating:   4.5

--> i'm not seeing any bed choice listed

Midtown West $351

Star Rating:  4.5

--> i'm not seeing any bed choice listed

CHelsea $243

--> Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West

$272 Midtown west

--> if you click thru and view the bed choices, there are two choices listed, both of which are with Queen Beds... no King options offered

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Just looked again and Yes there is a bed choice on the 4.5 in Times Square @$448

Best guess would be W New York Times Square

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]