Priceline Hotel: Complicated(?) Trip from 9/30~10-06

CharlieMD
By CharlieMD,
in

Just found out about these forums through a friend. 

I am planning on spending roughly a week in New York (flight plans to Hawaii did not work out) with my wife from Sept 30th to October 6th. 

I realize I must split my bids because we are hoping to visit D.C. for a couple of days in the middle of the week.

We first want to book a room from the 30th to the 3rd of October. Then we would stay in DC until Sunday morning then spend our last night in New York. 

Any tips on where to begin or resources to read? 

Thank you in advance. 

Thank you for the information. I will definitely use those links to book my stay.

Zones 2,7,11,12 look nice and my budget would be roughly 200 per night and would like 4 stars and up (if possible).

I am a little bit more open about increasing my bid to 225-250 if that increase will net me far better hotels in the aforementioned zones.

If this is unreasonable, I could move down to 3.5 stars as well. If I'm completely off with my suggested bid, please let me know.

To avoid any confusion please use the zone names (as they appear at PRICELINE) instead of the numbers, as the numbers will change any time PRICELINE adds, removes, or renames zones.

At the moment, it appears you're looking to bid: CPS, HK, MTE, MTW... is this correct?

A few comments:

CPS - contains the Hudson Hotel which, while well located, has notoriously small rooms... would this be acceptable?

MTE - most hotels are well located, but a few can be up to a 10-15 minute walk to the subway, would this be acceptable?

HK - the only 'known' 4* hotel in this zone is the Ink48 which gets great reviews, but it's a bit isolated and not the best location for the average visitor (especially first time visitor... not sure if you've been to the city previously). It's do-able, but not ideal from a convenience standpoint, but if on the otherhand you like really nice hotels and are willing to make a trade-off between hotel quality and location, then this would still be considered a good option

I would also suggest considering MSG, Chelsea, TS and/or ESB.

I don't see your revised budget of $225-$250 being an issue, but let's confirm which zones you'd like to bid for and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]