Priceline Hotel: Bidding help NYC Hotels : 12/25 -12/31

IIDumpling
By IIDumpling,
in

Hi,

I've just booked a "cheap" flight from munich to New York for my girlfriend and me from 25th to 31st of december.

So now I'm looking for a more or less central hotel which should be atleast 3*.

Whats a realistic price/night? 130$ (tax included) or more?

I've looked in the Calendar of wins and someone won the 4* Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan for

157 $/night.

Any chance to get such a central hotel for around 160$/night?

What would be the best time to place a bid (august, september,...)?

Thank you very much in advance for reading and your help :) .

Cu,

Flo

P.S District of the hotel doesn't really matter, Time Square should be reached within ~30min and it should be in a safe area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 'problem' is that some of the nites in your date range (the earlier nites) will be somewhat inexpensive (relatively speaking, as NYC is an expensive hotel market)... the later nites of your stay will be fairly expensive as the crowds come to town for New Year's Eve.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? In what order would you rank the following criteria: star rating, cost, location?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At first glance i'm seeing what i believe to be:

12/25-12/30

Club Quarters World Trade Center (Downtown) $155/nite

NH Jolly Madison Towers Hotel (Empire State Building) $166/nite

Amsterdam Court (Times Square) $171/nite

... then for 12/30-12/31 perhaps staying at a different hotel for the nite (likely Downtown as everything in midtown will be VERY expensive), staying outside of the city, or near the airport (what time is your flight and which airport do you leave from??)

You can get cheaper for 12/25-12/28 or 12/25-12/29... but then the nites of 12/28-12/31 become to get very pricey.

Let us know your initial thoughts on the board and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not aware of a luggage drop by the airport (security issues since 9/11) and it depends upon airline policy as to how early before your flight they will accept your bags... but you can usually store your bags at the hotel after check-out time until your leave to catch your flight.

At current rates you could stay in the city for the nite of 12/30 for about $220/nite as your 'worst case' scenario (for a 4* hotel). Even though $100+ more than if you stayed near Newark Airport, i wouldn't consider that to be a viable option as it would be neither convenient nor cheap to get to/from the airport to the city for the day, and would then essentially take away a half/three quarters of a day of your vacation (and while it may be OK the first nite of your trip while you look forward to the rest of your vacation... it's not nearly as much fun on the backend of your trip ;) )

Let us know your thoughts and if you're ready to move forward and we'll advise accordingly.

One correction above... i think the hotel i'm seeing is the Club Quarters Wall Street (not the Club Quarters Downtown). Assuming this is still OK, please start with the following:

If you click this link and are not brought to the US version of the HOTWIRE site, please change the drop down menu on the top right corner of the board to UNITED STATES and the currency to US Dollars.

Then close the current browser and repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and the EASY VIEW TAB.

There is offered a 3.5* hotel in the Financial Center zone for $155/nite (your price may differ by a few dollars) with:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

--> my best guess for this one would be the Club Quarters Wall Street

You can change the currency if you'd like to whatever you'd like to use for your purchase, but please stay on the US version of the HOTWIRE site.

For 12/30-12/31 the previous MSG property is not currently being offered at the same price, but there is now this 4* hotel in Chelsea for $221/nite with:

Free Internet

Boutique

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

... this is a new property recently added to the HOTWIRE system and has not yet been identified, but with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating i suspect it should work fine for your needs

For 12/30-12/31 i also just found this 3* in the Lower East Side zone for $182/nite on PRICELINE EXPRESS with:

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Business Center

... best guess for this one would be the Blue Moon Hotel.

PLEASE use this thread to report your purchase/results of the 12/25-12/30 purchase (using the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" button on the lower right corner of this page)... and start a NEW TOPIC for the second purchase for 12/30-12/31.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

just wanted to book those hotels and new questions appear :X .

Are there daily changes of the price?

Is it better to wait with booking or do it now?

The 3,5* hotel you mentioned is now at 162 $, the unknown 4* 223$ for the last night.

There is a 4* hotel for 172$/night in the financial district from 25th-30th.

Just 10 $/night more for maybe a better hotel?

Do you know which hotel this might be?

Thanks again,

Flo.

Prices are dynamic and can change at any time. Keep in mind that changes can go both ways - prices can rise suddenly.

If you need assistance with IDing a listing, please provide the full set of amenities and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the information Aron.

Sorry,

is IDing= identifying?

"Hot Rate Hotel Financial District - Wall Street area (4*)

$254 ǂ $170
per night

Amenities:

Free Internet
    Smoke Free Rooms
    Fitness Center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center
    Self service laundry

Accessibility:

In-room accessibility
    Wheelchair accessible

tripadvisor 4 out of 5.0

Hotwire customer reviews 90% recommended (130 total reviews)"

is IDing= identifying?

Correct.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. I'd guess a new amenity set for the World Center Hotel, but it may be something else.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Unpremeditated,  I've booked the "Gild Hall" hotel for ~$202/night (tax and fees included)

from 25th to 31st of december, all 6 nights.

Booked on german website with a promotion code.

87% and 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor...Hope I won't regret it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]