Priceline Hotel: 4*+ NYC MTE/Chelsea/CPS 3/22/15 -3/27/15

francodman
By francodman,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

While nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, I wouldn't chase this one any higher at this point in time, but let's back up a minute...

Why the MTE, Chelsea, and CPS zones?

Is there a reason you're not including MTW, MSG, and/or ESB in your bidding (where i think you can be successful at bid prices less than you have already tried).

Also, note that in the CPS zone is the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... would this be an acceptable outcome?

Let us know your thoughts regarding my zone comments above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

naivete?  This will be our first trip to the Big Apple, and I guess we wanted to stay in a centrally located area, with some charm.  MTW would be an option, but I'm not sure about staying around MSG.  I would be open to Hell's kitchen and the meat packing distrcit.

Some zone comments then...

MTE - most of the hotels here are well located, but some can be a 10-15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - see comments above about Hudson hotel

HK - the only 'known' hotel in this zone is Ink48 which gets excellent reviews, but it's not that centrally located for the average visitor, imo

Chelsea (meat packing??) - hotels here can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway but it's a 'hot' area right now with lots of clubs, bars, restaurants, cafes, etc. that still makes it a desirable and frequently bid area

MSG and ESB - what are your concerns of these zones, as they are generally considered centrally located

MTW and TS - no issues/caveats to report/comment on

Your thoughts based upon these comments?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]