Hotwire Hotel: Need suggestions on 3.5*-5* hotel in NYC

MyMorningCoffee
By MyMorningCoffee,
in

Hello!

I go to NYC yearly for the past 5 years and have been staying at some hotels and apartments.  Stayed in the Flatiron district 2 years ago and stayed in Columbus Circle area last year.  I don't mind staying in these areas again, but would you have recommendations on other central areas of NYC?  I would love to be in a hotel near shopping and great restaurants (don't care about bars of night life).  

I could cut the trip and stay in one hotel for half the trip and try another hotel in another area for the second half of the trip.   Budget is around $250-$350.  

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!  :)

Many thanks!

Sam

PS. please remember to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this trip, even if you don't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc.

2x

Please follow-up each of your previous Hotwire Chicago and Hotwire NYC threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of this stays, then reply here and we will have a look at and comment on your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the follow-up.

The dates in your topic title indicate Sept. 29 - October 23, is this correct, a 24 nite stay?

Please confirm and we'll have a closer look at rates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes this is correct.  Sept. 29-Oct 23.   I imagine it may be hard to book just one hotel for the trip.  My option is to split the trip... maybe 2 weeks in a cheaper hotel and the last week in a really nice one.   My preference would be to stay in a busier neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants nearby (stayed once on a tree lined street in UWS and I realized that's not where I'd want to stay again).

You actually have quite a few options within your budget for your complete stay... do you want to stay in different areas OR would you only do so if nothing within your budget, star rating, etc? (as i don't think this would be an issue)

As one example, what looks to be the Affiniate Dumont is available for your complete stay for $287/nite (should i be wrong the hotel offered still gets an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating which should ensure a very positive experience)... i'm also seeing what looks like the Benjamin for $337/nite.

Any of these of interest or could you tell us more about what you're looking for so we can try to offer other suggestions.

Nothing stands out at under $230, but closer to this price point i see what i believe to be the following:

Doubletree Metropolitan for $245/nite

Wyndham New Yorker for $249/nite

Wyndham Garden Chinatown for $259/nite

Hilton Garden Inn New York Chelsea for $262/nite

Flatiron Hotel for $269/nite

... any of this of interest?

I'm looking to head to NYC soon too.

Meehungee,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay, including the dates of your trip, and somebody will assist you there.

Thanks.

To begin, please make sure this HOTWIRE link takes you to the US version of their site. If not, please check the drop down menu on the top right of their home page to United States, close the browser and re-acces... your return visit should now take you to their US site.

Next, use our BiddingHelper.com tool and the EASY VIEW tab, filter/sort for a 4* hotel in the Empire State Building zone for $287/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... my guess for this one is the Affinia Dumont (and as i investigate further the Affinia Shelburne is a possibility as well)... but should it be some other property, this hotel also shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating which should ensure a quality stay (and is supported the board by the 4.5/5.0 user review ratings across the board that is given by previous HOTWIRE guests on all the criteria they ask users to comment on)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]